Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't connect to my phone anymore

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I thought I was dead when my data didn’t go through when I restarted my versa watch! YouTube and Fitbit support was useless! I turned off the Bluetooth and I tried to reconnect my watch and sync it! But it doesn’t seem to work! I tried turning it on and off, restarting it multiple times, but it won’t work! Help me please!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Jamiberries. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

In addition to the steps you've done so far, please try the following:

• Unpair your Versa 2 from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Versa 2.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa 2.
  • Once your Versa 2 is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Versa 2 first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi there, @Jamiberries. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

In addition to the steps you've done so far, please try the following:

• Unpair your Versa 2 from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Versa 2.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa 2.
  • Once your Versa 2 is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Versa 2 first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Same here!  Just over 5 hours ago. Had full battery, recorded my sleep, i saw my data in the app this am…then my mom messaged me her Fitbit just randomly died and she was getting a replacement.. I thought geez that sucks- then I looked at mine and it’s just been the logo flashing on the screen! I’ve tried every single thing  recommend to try to fix it. Something is going on. Hope someone can answer this!

Best Answer

I just saw a YouTube video that said to keep pumping the side button quickly on and off until the logo stays on… then wait a little! It worked for me after trying all the different things Fitbit support told me to do (but none of them worked)
hope this can help someone with versa 2 issues! 
It’s syncing with my iPhone now and working properly again.

Best Answer

I’ve tried that but it will only intermittently connect to the Bluetooth and then will disconnect. It won’t sync at all now. I’ve factory reset it about a dozen times and it’s worthless at this point. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, plus I just drive to a new time zone area for a holiday and it won’t update the time

Best Answer
0 Votes

Done all that. Still stuck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you using an iPhone & if so, what iOS version? I had constant BT probs (only w/my Versa) after installing ios 16.5 & the only way to sync it was to forget the device in BT & Re-pair every single time. The prob magically went away after I installed the iOS 16.5.1 update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm up to date with 16.5.1 and have been. I had already updated before the problem began. Glad your problem resolved. This was the last straw for me with Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes