Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't connect to my phone's Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried every troubleshooting step, on multiple devices and I still cannot get my Versa 2 to connect to Bluetooth. 

I have restarted my phones multiple times. I have restarted the watch multiple times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both devices multiple times. I turned the bluetooth off on one device if I was trying the other. I have turned bluetooth on and off several times. I have allowed all permissions. 

I cannot get it to move past the Bluetooth pairing and linking page and it either just sits there circling or it gives an error and every time I try again it doesn't do anything. What do I do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Andjordan. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. 

As a first approach, I'd like to confirm if you're trying to use two mobile devices to set up/sync your Fitbit device? If so, please note that you can use both devices. However, if you haven't set up your Versa 2 yet, try setting it up with one of the two devices while the other remains with the Bluetooth turned off or better yet, try turning off your mobile device.

Bear in mind that your Fitbit device can only talk to one device at a time. It can be trusted on many devices, phones, tablets, and so on, but because of the limitations of Bluetooth, it will only be able to talk to one at a time.

If the above doesn't describe your issue, please try the following:

• Unpair your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Fitbit device.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit device.
  • Once your device is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

If nothing seems to work, please follow @Guy_'s advice and chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Andjordan - it seems you have done some good troubleshooting, but one issue could be trying multiple devices. It might be a good idea to chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support. They can guide you through the various steps in case you missed one or if necessary factory reset the watch.

If that has to be done, make a note of the names of any clock faces or apps you have downloaded and any special settings, for setting it up again afterwards.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Andjordan. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. 

As a first approach, I'd like to confirm if you're trying to use two mobile devices to set up/sync your Fitbit device? If so, please note that you can use both devices. However, if you haven't set up your Versa 2 yet, try setting it up with one of the two devices while the other remains with the Bluetooth turned off or better yet, try turning off your mobile device.

Bear in mind that your Fitbit device can only talk to one device at a time. It can be trusted on many devices, phones, tablets, and so on, but because of the limitations of Bluetooth, it will only be able to talk to one at a time.

If the above doesn't describe your issue, please try the following:

• Unpair your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Fitbit device.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit device.
  • Once your device is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

If nothing seems to work, please follow @Guy_'s advice and chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Although haven't tried to pair on multiple devices. It's been paired to my iPhone for most of the last year. This morning tried to have Fitbit app sync up and suddenly said it needs to pair.... wth happened. Searched online says to delete it from bluetooth in iphone and reboot iphone then reconnect. I reconnect from iphone bluetooth and it tries... and when bluetooth connects you get the information button on right that you click on that allows you to "forget device" it never gets that far now for versa 2. So rebooted again, verified doesn't show in bluetooth, started the app and it says it needs to pair. Which i say yes.... it tries and then it asks if I want to "Fix" then I "click fix" and check it on bluetooth and same issue.. never gets far enough to get the info button..'

Even weirder, some of the information Does update in fitbit but still gives the error that needs to connect... Have hard shut down several times, rebooted phone and restarted app and gone through process 3-5 times same results...

This has been working fine for at least 9 months as this is a replacement watch from one that stopped taking a charge, and now it won't connect on bluetooth suddenly.

Best Answer
0 Votes