Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't connect to phone's Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

Every day I need to manually sync my V2 in order to receive notifications. 

When I try to pair V2 to my phone, I have the following message : Bluetooth pairing rejected by Versa 2. 

I checked all update on my phone and my watch. I did a factory reset and yet not working. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @EL66. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for following the tips and recommendations I've provided above. 

As a friendly reminder, please note that you can use both, your iPad and Android devices. However, note that your Versa 2 can only talk to one device at a time. It can be trusted on many devices, phones, tablets, and so on, but because of the limitations of Bluetooth, it will only be able to talk to one at a time.

The data from your Versa 2 is sent to the Fitbit cloud. After the data has been processed it will be put into your Fitbit account. Now your Fitbit account has access to and will display the data. Opening the app on a second device/phone/tablet will have access to the same data and a sync is not needed if a sync recently occurred through a different device.

For more information, see How do I set up my Fitbit device? and/or How do Fitbit devices sync their data? 

Is your Android phone your main device to sync your Versa 2? If so, please try the following: 

• Unpair your Versa 2 from your iPad and Android's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your Android's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference. Also, turn off your iPad's Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your Android phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Versa 2.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa 2.
  • Once your Android is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

Once you've managed to set up your Versa 2 again, on the iPad, open the Fitbit app, log into your account, grant any permissions requested and the Luxe should then sync. However, is very important to turn off the Bluetooth on one device when you want to sync with the other.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @Nilucksha, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot this situation before reaching out. 

In addition to the steps you've done, please try the following:

• Remove your Versa 2 from your Fitbit account and from your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Setup your Versa 2 again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa 2.

If you can't get started with your Versa 2, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

Please know Fitbit products are compatible with most devices that have the following operating systems: Apple iOS 12.2 or higher, Android OS 7.0 or higher, and Windows 10 version 1607.0 or higher. For the latest list of devices that support the Fitbit app for Android, see Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported and does not meet the require OS we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. Be sure to verify that your phone or tablet meets the minimum operating system requirements.

Let me know how it goes. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. It paired fine and all worked for the first 4 days I had it so I know my phone is compatible. Then all of the sudden it wouldn't sync, so I tried these steps today and now I'm getting the same pairing rejected by versa 2 issue. The smart watch is garbage if you don't have a resolve for this. Please help.

Best Answer

I have the same problem. I am synced with my ipad but not my Android phone which used to work but now won’t connect with bluetooth. I’ve tried all the steps above to no avail.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @EL66. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for following the tips and recommendations I've provided above. 

As a friendly reminder, please note that you can use both, your iPad and Android devices. However, note that your Versa 2 can only talk to one device at a time. It can be trusted on many devices, phones, tablets, and so on, but because of the limitations of Bluetooth, it will only be able to talk to one at a time.

The data from your Versa 2 is sent to the Fitbit cloud. After the data has been processed it will be put into your Fitbit account. Now your Fitbit account has access to and will display the data. Opening the app on a second device/phone/tablet will have access to the same data and a sync is not needed if a sync recently occurred through a different device.

For more information, see How do I set up my Fitbit device? and/or How do Fitbit devices sync their data? 

Is your Android phone your main device to sync your Versa 2? If so, please try the following: 

• Unpair your Versa 2 from your iPad and Android's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your Android's Bluetooth settings.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference. Also, turn off your iPad's Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your Android phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Versa 2.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa 2.
  • Once your Android is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

Once you've managed to set up your Versa 2 again, on the iPad, open the Fitbit app, log into your account, grant any permissions requested and the Luxe should then sync. However, is very important to turn off the Bluetooth on one device when you want to sync with the other.

Best Answer

So, I've tried just about everything to get the Bluetooth to work with the Versa 2, but I can't seem to make it work.  This device honestly seems like more work than it's worth.  I have to log into Spotify and just about every other 3rd party service.  Complicated to say the least.  If there is anything else I should try please let me know.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes