Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won’t connect to phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got a Versa 2 and I can’t seem to connect it to my phone via bluetooth, anyone know how I can do it?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Hannah-b  

I see your having a syncing issue. Please try turning your Bluetooth off then back on again. If that doesn’t work Lets try  try restarting your Versa 2. Here’s how: 

1. For Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic, press and hold the back and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. For Fitbit Versa Lite Edition and Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

😃 please let me know if this resolves your issue.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Hello @Hannah-b  

I see your having a syncing issue. Please try turning your Bluetooth off then back on again. If that doesn’t work Lets try  try restarting your Versa 2. Here’s how: 

1. For Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic, press and hold the back and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. For Fitbit Versa Lite Edition and Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

😃 please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Best Answer

None of these steps helped

Best Answer

I've done everything over 20 times. There is no back button. So, I'm not sure what ur talking about. Please post pictures because I don't see a back button.

Best Answer

Hello and welcome @McWilliams76 

I’m assuming you have a Versa 2 because you posted in a Versa 2 thread. Maybe this will help:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7VGl7RtLB7A

Best Answer

Still doesn't work.  Tried this multiple times.  Tried rebooting my phone, deleting the app and reloading it.  Nothing is working!!!

Best Answer

Let’s try a different approach, everyone. 

• Open the Fitbit app on your iPhone. Tap Account —> —> Versa 2. Scroll down and tap Remove this Versa 2.
  • Open the settings on your iPhone. Go to Bluetooth. If you see the Versa 2, remove it.
  • Follow @SunsetRunner‘s instructions to restart your Versa 2. (The back button is the button on the left.) 
  • Now, go into a room with no other Bluetooth devices. No speakers, No Alexa devices. Sometimes too many Bluetooth devices nearby can interfere. Open the Fitbit app on your iPhone. Tap Account —> Set up a Device. Follow the directions which will also lead you thru the steps to reconnect to Bluetooth.

This should take care of the Bluetooth issues. Please try it and let us know how it goes. 

Best Answer

It gives me the 4 digit number to sync then won’t finish the sync and tells me to abort 

Best Answer

I tried to sync my husbands Versa 2 to his phone ( it always worked when it was my fitbit and my phone....weirdly now my husband's just inherited both from me I cannot get it to sync having tried EVERYTHING suggested!   Most iritating is that I have had to use my ipad to connect his Versa....which neither of us wanted.

Thankfully I use a iwatch so no clashes there.  With all the syncing issues I have had with different fitbits and phones it doesn't make me ever want another fitbit...

Best Answer

Tried all of this and still does not work really disappointed as I only have it a week 

Best Answer

Mine will not work at all either out of nowhere a week ago and Fitbit has nothing but tell me to turn it on and off again lol

Best Answer

I'm having this problem now as well, haven't had it very long, take good care of it, have tried all the steps many times. Still won't get past the 4 verification numbers.. is this some kind of scam or something? 

Best Answer

I have wasted multiple hours over the past few years with my Fitbits failing to synch.  Today its apparently on the server side.   I wish they would have a more robust notification process when 'it's not my problem.'

Annoyingly, it appears to be on their server side - and the only way to find out is to give up trying with your watch and phone, and start hunting on this web site.   Arghh

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

This worked for me. I think i was just around to many signals. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Was having the same issue!  So frustrating.  I was ready to return the watch and then came across this forum after hours of trying to troubleshoot.  I tried the suggestion above to turn off all surrounding Bluetooth devices and FINALLY the versa moved to the next step in the syncing process.  I hope you found a solution already but if not,  good luck! 

Best Answer

it shows stats on fitbit. but when I try to do anything I touch it and it says connect to phone

Update:

what back button??

sorry it says unlock phone ?? android have no idea tried everything

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. 

I appreciate the time that each of you took to share the details of the issue, the troubleshooting done and your experience. Thank you for the efforts to resolve this, sharing the solutions and tips to help other users. I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your feedback. If you continue experiencing difficulties, I recommend following the complete troubleshooting steps at Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

@SunsetRunner @SunsetRunner thank you for your support!

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!  I was having the same problem with my Versa 2. And after finding this discussion I tried every fix that was put on here except the one that said to delete my fitbit from my app. But nothing worked. After taking a break and stepping way from the problem, I came back and decide to treat my phone as if it was a computer (I have an android phone)  I went into my phone settings went to apps and clicked fitbit. There I cleared all data and cache. I went back to my home screen clicked fitbit and signed back in. It had me give permission for location. After that my Versa 2 connected on its own as well as updated!  I hope this fix can help others as well. 

- Kandie S. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Kandie_S.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience and the steps you followed in order to resolve the issue with your Versa 2. Thank you for your efforts, I am sure this information will be helpful to other users. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Keep on visiting the forums. Happy stepping!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yess!!! @SunsetRunner

Going out to the curb with the phone and watch worked!!! Yes!!

I was ready to punt the watch to the curb... Thank you for flagging the noisy bluetooth signals in my house as problematic. worked like a charm.

Best Answer