Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won’t connect to phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got a Versa 2 and I can’t seem to connect it to my phone via bluetooth, anyone know how I can do it?

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Well for me I helped my friend to set up her Fitbit Versa 2, at first it can't even connect to the device. Then I reinstalled Fitbit app on her phone and tried. Voila! Her android phone started to request for location service and detected the Versa 2! 

Best Answer

Hi @sandrallison @JustinLSC, welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm glad to hear that you guys managed to get the connection issues resolved. Thank you for posting the updates here and thank you for sharing the steps you both took.

As a side note, I'd like you to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
sent fitbit back waiting for replacement.. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked perfectly! Thank you!

Best Answer

@Kandie_S  yes and to do the same on iOS you simply delete the app and download it again to clear data and cache (No u won’t lose your steps etc ) 

you will also need to put in login credentials again if you go down that route 👌

Best Answer

This worked! Thank you very much!

Best Answer

I just got a new iPhone 11 and could NOT get my Fitbit to work, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, shut my phone on and off several times, and finally read that I had to connect my Fitbit to the charger (it hadn't said before), and it worked like a charm!!!! Installed perferctly and is now working just great.

SO---- attach your Versa 2 to its charger and all should work just fine. Saved me calling Fitbit support.

Best Answer

Hi @Botntocruise, thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community. I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get your Fitbit device connected to your phone. Thank you for posting the update here and sharing the steps you followed in order to fix the issue.

Don't hesitate to get back if you see anything unusual.

See you around.

Best Answer

Nonsense answer and very unhelpful

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FITNOMORE Thank you for joining us in this thread. I appreciate your feedback.

If your Fitbit device is experiencing syncing issues, please try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. After trying these steps, monitor your watch and see if it syncs properly.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried this and it still won’t sync to my phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best to call Firbit then they will help

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@chanade.r Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community and trying the recommended troubleshooting steps. As @Botntocruise mentioned, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected and our Support team will be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

See you later.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did clearing data and cache delete all your personal data?

Best Answer

@AH01 Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community. Regarding your question about the clearing data process, you will only need to reinstall the apps you had installed. Your personal data on your Fitbit Dashboard should not be deleted.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My FItbit Versa 2 isn't recognised by by my Oppo phone, my iphone or my Samsung tablet as of yesterday. tried everything but can't get the Versa 2 to be seen by any device - getting annoyed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dave1939 Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community. Since you mentioned that you have tried all the recommended steps and your Fitbit device is still unable to sync with your phone, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected and our Support team will be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After I clicked /watched the you tube link, i found the second video it automatically rolls to  had the key to making mine work-put your watch on its charger when syncing!!! It does the rest by itself!

Best Answer

Hey what do you mean "Back button" ?

Best Answer

I have a similar problem.

Syncing was very intermittent.

I cleared cache, still issues

Turned Bluetooth off and on and rebooted, still issues

App and device and phone were all on latest updates.

Uninstalled the app, rebooted, reinstalled- still issues

The watch has been in the charging doc for the process

I ended up resetting the device back to factory settings, biggest mistake; it will now not connect at all and simply scrolls through the welcome screen.

Contacted Fitbit help and he talked me through all of the above (despite me already having tried each resolution at least 6 times). Did I mention I work in IT and have the patience of a saint? 

Frustrated as anything with not being able to plug into my pc and manually install the firmware...

Any ideas whilst I wait for the inevitable "send it back to us"?

Best Answer
0 Votes