Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't connect with Spotify

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Everything is connected Im getting text and phone calls and my steps sync with the app.

The Spotify won't connect Ive did a reset

I just dont know what more to do

Also I dont have the 7 stars when you swipe up and it wont let me add it

Help me please and thank you

Moderator edit: format and updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
128 REPLIES 128

Hey everyone! I just about gave up, but then saw that another user restarted their phone and it worked for them. It worked for me too! Couldn't believe a restart solved it!

Best Answer
my continues to works some time. not always

AF
Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me.  Super easy to fix.  Once you have it set up on the watch, unpair your watch from the Fitbit app and then pair again.  Volia!  Fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too i cannot use the spotify in my versa 2. I'm using samsung a50s. Can someone help me how to sync and fix it? Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

after logging in my spotify acct within the fitbit app, just needed to restart my mobile phone. voila! it all worked. can now control spotify on my tracker! cool! 😍

Best Answer

I had this as well. 

The trick for me was to go to the play store, fitbit app, disable energy management so that the app is allowed to run in the background. Now it's working fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

restarting S10+ worked here too. Thanks eneko89

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue and Fitbit support was able to help right away. I have a Samsung Galaxy. Basically if you have an Android, you not only have to pair to Versa 2 over Bluetooth on your phone but also be paired to Versa 2 Connect. 

-make sure you are signed into Spotify in Fitbit app

-On your Fitbit watch, go to settings. Click on Bluetooth. Click  "restore music controls" until it says "pair"

- go to Bluetooth on your phone and when you search, you should not only see "versa 2" but also  "versa 2 connect".  Select versa 2 connect and pair. 

- once paired to versa 2 connect, go to your Fitbit app and press sync

-open and play a song on Spotify on your phone

- click Spotify on you Fitbit and it should now work. 

Best Answer

I’ve restarted my phone and it hasn’t worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I suggest this and it works for me. Go to your app and try to relong into
Spotify.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi LisaRita.  Did you try my post above?  I repasted below. 

I had the same issue and Fitbit support was able to help right away. I have a Samsung Galaxy. Basically if you have an Android, you not only have to pair to Versa 2 over Bluetooth on your phone but also be paired to Versa 2 Connect. 

-make sure you are signed into Spotify in Fitbit app

-On your Fitbit watch, go to settings. Click on Bluetooth. Click  "restore music controls" until it says "pair"

- go to Bluetooth on your phone and when you search, you should not only see "versa 2" but also  "versa 2 connect".  Select versa 2 connect and pair. 

- once paired to versa 2 connect, go to your Fitbit app and press sync

-open and play a song on Spotify on your phone

- click Spotify on you Fitbit and it should now work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine didn't work but i found out it was becuase my spotify was on offline mode, once i turned it off it worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, this helped. Been up for the last 4.5hrs trying to get this to work. What would I do without my Fitbit Community. Thank you. I got this today and was literally planning to return tomorrow and get another smartwatch elsewhere. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restared my phone now everthing is working thanks!!

Best Answer

Thank you so much LaurenAG, yours was the only post that step by step explained how to fix the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I h e restarted and have the premium plan. I still can not sync.  This sucks.  I am chocked.  Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the answer by searching a bunch of forums. And thr one that worked for me was double pairing my phone an my versa 2. The first pair is so that the software sees it, the second pair was to pair it as a media device to my phone.

I went to the settings, pair menu on the versa 2, then on my phone when I searched versa 2 came up twice and I paired to both.

It now works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution worked for me! I've previously tried resetting my phone, shutting down my Versa, and even logging in and out of Spotify from the Fitbit app. You need to have your Spotify account logged in on your Fitbit app prior to steps 1-3:

1) Open the Fitbit app from a host device (phone, laptop, etc) and leave it running in the background.

2) Open the Spotify app from host device and play a song!!

3) Open the Spotify app on your Versa and it should start to sync the song from your host device.

Every time you disconnect from the host device, you'd have to repeat steps 2 and 3 to reconnect to your Versa. It's annoying but it works.

Best Answer

This worked for me too, thanks so much 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it worked, thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes