Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't connect with Spotify

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Everything is connected Im getting text and phone calls and my steps sync with the app.

The Spotify won't connect Ive did a reset

I just dont know what more to do

Also I dont have the 7 stars when you swipe up and it wont let me add it

Help me please and thank you

Moderator edit: format and updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
128 REPLIES 128
Exactly
Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally figured out the Spotify issue on my Versa 2!

Fitbit app is constantly logging me out of my Spotify account. In the Fitbit app's Spotify Settings, my account details shows as "Spotify Free" instead of my Spotify Premium account info.

Every time my Versa 2 watch tells me I need to connect to Bluetooth or have no internet connection, I have to repeat these steps:

> I open the Fitbit app

> click my Profile Pic

> under Devices, click my VERSA 2 watch

> click APPS

> Scroll down to click on SPOTIFY

> click SETTINGS

> if it doesn't show your Spotify Account name/member#, you have to click LOG OUT, then LOG IN

This works for me all the time, but it's a pain to constantly re-login to my Spotify account when I want to control my music on my watch.

Fitbit, please resolve this Spotify login issue via the Fitbit app!

Best Answer

Same phone, same problem.

Best Answer

Thank you, this worked for me. Appreciate the details 

Best Answer

This has been the only way I have been able to get the spotify feature to work on my versa 2... To go to the spotify app settings in the fitbit app, logout and log back in. Every time. It won't stay logged in correctly, which is pretty annoying! They really need to fix this glitch. 

Best Answer

Me too! Pixel 2 with the same Spotify error. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! It logs me out each time I switch between WiFi and 4g and sometimes if I close the Spotify app on the Versa 2. Rubbish as this a main reason many of us got the device. 

Best Answer

I figured it out and this fixed it on my versa 1 and OnePlus 7 pro.

1. Tap and hold the Spotify app icon, click app info / add details option.

2. Click WiFi and mobile data settings and make sure Spotify has both background data unrestricted data usage toggled on.

This fixed the issue for me. Happy Christmas!

Best Answer

Versa 2/ pixel 2.

I usually had to log out of the Spotify app on versa 2, and log in again to have the sync working again.

But I just tried to toggle on the "background data" and "unlimited data usage" on the Spotify app on mobile. I hope it works! 

Thanks for the tip!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nevermind, still disconnects 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

few tricks before panicking, i was in the very same boat:

• restart your phone
  • on your phone in the fitbit app try logging out and then logging back in to spotify
  • restart your watch as well
Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to have premium 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. Everything else seems to be working but I get the same message about not connected via Bluetooth and to sync the device when using Spotify. I’ve deleted the app in Fitbit and on my phone and restarted both. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have premium. I have found that I am getting logged out ever day.
Best Answer

I am struggling with the same issue. I just received a a Fitbit Versa 2 today and it takes forever for Spotify to connect. I have Spotify premium. I hope they update this app soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't want to have to restart my phone every time I want Spotify to connect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same, I'm struggle with the same problem. 

Best Answer

Same here, just received the versa 2 as christmas gift, and i'm facing the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
Hey there,

Hopefully this will will help. This is what works for me.. obviously this is after you set your Spotify account in the Fitbit app and have done your Bluetooth settings.

1- Start Fitbit app and leave it running.
2- open Spotify on your phone and start a song.. this I believe is the key.

3- open Spotify app on your versa 2 Andy you should have control. If you stop playing music and your phone locks you will lose connection.. just repeat from 2 and it’s should work.

Best Answer
0 Votes