Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't connect with Spotify

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Everything is connected Im getting text and phone calls and my steps sync with the app.

The Spotify won't connect Ive did a reset

I just dont know what more to do

Also I dont have the 7 stars when you swipe up and it wont let me add it

Help me please and thank you

Moderator edit: format and updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
128 REPLIES 128

So nothing I did will make Spotify work with my Versa 2 I reboot everything I've logged out and logged in sometimes it says Bluetooth is unavailable sometimes it says no internet connection any thoughts

Best Answer

Are you going to the Spotify settings in your Fitbit app and logging out and back in there?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every time

Short term fix  

Try spotify HR app! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is spotify hr

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I am

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another spotify app, not as fancy but it WORKS  

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I get it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another disgruntled Versa 2 owner here

Only fix i have for the Spotify App is to open the Fitbit app on my phone, log out of Spotify app and log back in, only then will it allow the phone app to connect, every time I want to use the app

Come of Fitbit, sort it out, its clearly a faulty app, and one of the big selling points of the phone

And yes i know there is Spotify HR, but come on, it looks like it was made by a child, and has so little functionality compared to the official app, as when the official one works, it works great, but it only ever works once, then you have to go through the whole rigmarole again

Fitbit Versa 2 on Android (Moto G7 Plus)

Best Answer
No. Actually I need to do it every time I launch the app
Best Answer

I initially was not able to recieve any message on my Fitbit Versa 2. Once I powercycled it, I was able to get them and so was my wife. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes Falcao, same here ( I just edited my comment), I have to log out and back in each time I want to use the app

Surely that alone says the app is massively flawed......... Sort it out Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

i was having the same problem.

try logging out of your Spotify acc on the fitbit versa app then logging back in.

that worked for me 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Temporary fix! 

We have tried everything and you will be in our same position and waste time too! 

There is no fix! Fitbit does NOT care, spotify does NOT care.

Best Answer

Had the same problem, the problem was that i was offline on the spotify app on my phone (Oneplus 6). So when I went online it started to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here ... I uninstalled Spotify and reinstalled. It worked !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alright everyone this worked for me and hopefully you can try it. First try restarting both phone and fitbit if that's doesn't work then go to plan b. Plan B consists of going to your Fitbit app. Then click on your device and find it's apps. Once you do that try to find Spotify and there should be a little gear icon. Click that and it'll bring up your account. Log out of your account then log back in and out of the 5 times I've had to do this it works every time. There seems to be an issue with the Fitbit saving your account info or something but hopefully this helps you guys out. Have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this does work, but only once

You shouldn't need to do this every time you want to use the Spotify app, this has been going on long enough now for Fitbit to have found the fault and fixed it, but they don't seem willing to do anything about a clearly fatally flawed app

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Versa 2 and my texts are just fine.  Took a bit but you have to have your phone setup to where it will show the texts while locked in a preview mode for the Versa 2 to work properly.  The voice to text is a little clunky and does not alway translate well but does the job while my hands are busy. Also really long texts (medium long texts as well) will get cut off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just fixed mine. Allow pop up notifications and all permissions. Then go onto the Spotify app on your phone. You should get something on your fitbit to pop up after with your phone name. You may need to restart your phone and/or spotify app. Permissions and pop up notifications on my end seemed to be the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Has another user suggested in the comments, just setup everything like you've done and restart your phone ;). I have a Google pixel 2 and now everything is working! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes