Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't get notifications as fit but app says that phone needs a restart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa two isn't recieving any notifications as the Fitbit app says phone needs a restart but I've tried restarting the phone, the watch and the app and it still won't send me notifications 

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

I have been having the same issue, for almost a week now, as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi did you get anywhere with this issue? Same thing has been happening to me after a week of it working. I have now not had notifications for a week! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No resolution yet. Ive re started my watch, reviewed all settings.

Amanda Gauthier 💕l
Best Answer

So I decided I was going to go into the app settings to clear the cashe or whatever it's called and noticed that the microphone and physical permissions weren't on so I turned them on and it started working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Driving me nuts, mine keeps coming and going, the restart your phone thing is bull**ahem** it would seem. Mine stopped yesterday again and I had done nothing different. 🤬. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a tip from a friend to delete and redownload the app so I did It this morning it now seems to be working

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the tip but I have done this lots of times, it works for a
little while and stops again. It's driving me nuts.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same issue and got the notifications re-enabled, however versa screen doesn't wake up or vibrates. 

When I wake up the watch by pressing the left button, I can see the notification. Any help would be useful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was this settings on your phone?  Or in the fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just uninstall the app, then just "Allow" everything when I reinstall it, but no matter how many times I do it it only lasts a few hours then gone again. I give up at this stage. Hopefully you have better luck. 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was in the settings on the phone in the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I took screen shots but idk how to insert them.

Go to your settings and select the apps

Select the Fitbit app

Go to permissions and make sure everything is under accept

Best Answer

Thanks for replying.  I have tried everything imaginable and even chatted with customer support for 30 minutes today with no resolution.  Very frustrating.  I don't want to buy a new one, but I rely on the notifications soooo much!  I appreciate the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally ended up resetting my fitbit to factory standards and resetting it up again and now I'm getting notifications.  Kind of a pain, but worth it to have notifications back.  good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just resolved this issue with mine, I hope this helps y'all too. 

1. Open your app and go to your Today page. 

2. Click your profile pic in the top left. 

3. Click on your device. 

4. Under "General" click Notifications. 

5. Check your call, text, calendar, and email settings to make sure they're correct. 

6. Click App Notifications and make sure everything is checked that you are supposed to get notifications for. 

This fixed it for me after HOURS of turning my phone off and on, deleting my Fitbit app and redownloading it multiple times, and restarting my Fitbit repeatedly, all in various orders. 

Hope that helps ♡♡

Jenn

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Jenn,
I do this at least 2/3 times a day, just keeps going back to not working. I
hope yours works out👍
Best Answer
0 Votes