Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't hold a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have done nothing different with my versa but all the sudden today is charged 100% and within two hours. It was completely dead. Does this mean I need to get a new one or is there a way to fix this.? I have everything dimmed and not turned on, etc.. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @libby2647111 - it is not a good sign when that happens but a few things to try.

Sync then change clock face from the watch or Fitbit App.

Sync then do a Shutdown from the watch Settings About menu. Then charge to restart it.

Turn off phone's Bluetooth.

If you have other symptoms, such as button doesn't work or touchscreens not working you may have internal damage, possibly from moisture getting in.

If the watch is under warranty it can be replaced.

Don't go for the latest watches which have less features, such as no apps and much fewer clock faces, besides being more expensive, if you get a new one, do your research first.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there, @libby2647111. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 2.

In addition to the steps recommended by @Guy_, please note your Versa 2 battery should last up to 6 days. However, as with other electronic devices, the battery will depend on the features and how often they're used, such as the GPS, Spotify app or the Always-On display. While this doesn't mean that you shouldn't use them, please take into consideration the conditions that impact your watch's battery.

That being said, I'd recommend to change the clock face to one designed by Fitbit and please confirm if you've followed the tips and recommendations to maximize your watch's battery life described here.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having similar issue this week. Although I get a maximum of a couple of days between charges if I don't use it for anything other than normal tracking. I've changed nothing 

Best Answer

The SpO2 clock face reduced my battery to half so that’s another thing to look into  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have always had the sp02 click face with no problems. This has only started in last couple of weeks. I noticed other sections added to my app dashboard on my phone so am assuming it was an update that caused this. Hopefully they will look at it and sort it. I've removed the extra bits (that were trying to get me to purchase premium) so will see if that makes a difference. If I wanted premium I would subscribe but I don't so don't appreciate having to spend time removing useless stuff. Hope your watch is lasting longer now Claire 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s actually completely better, thank you Sandy. I was going to buy a new one  as my ‘low battery’ (25%) warning often came just a few hours before it went flat (when I was asleep). So it’s gone from a day or 2 to three/four days. It’s given me confidence back in the brand. Amazing how you can chance upon some advice, take it, and save yourself some money (and frustration).

Claire 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For some context, I have had the watch for nearly three years, it was a white box replacement for my versa 1 which had display issues after 2 years. I usually average just under 10k steps a day so moderately active, don’t use Bluetooth, or always on, and wear it all the time. 3-4 days is therefore what I would expect to get at this stage.

Best Answer
0 Votes