Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't let me to download apps or clock faces

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello guys. 

I checked the forum for other posts for this kind of issue but I got no answer/fix.

I bought a new versa 2 yesterday. I downloaded the app for my phone (Pixel 3) and updated the versa. Now, everything is more or less fine, but when I go to download many watchfaces or apps, I got a pink box saying that I can't because I have to have the latest update on both, phone and watch. But I have. I formatted the watch, uninstalled the app in the phone, unpaired, everything I could think of, but the annoying pink box is still there. Help! 😢

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @Akhmaat and welcome to the Help forums.  You say that you updated your Versa 2.  But it's possible that the firmware update that you got didn't get you to the current version.  Can you verify something for me?  On your phone app > tap on your profile picture > Versa 2 > does the screen say version 70.8.0?  

Not having the current firmware is the most common reason why you can't add apps or clock faces.  Your Versa 2 had the current firmware when it was made, but there have updates since then.  My husband recently put an Ionic on his account that was in a drawer for a while.  The firmware was out of date and it took two updates over several days to get it to be the current firmware.  Fitbit rolls out updates progressively.   If you don't have the current firmware, it should show up in a couple days with a notice that an update is available.  Please get back to us if you have the current firmware.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI @LZeeW, thanks for your answer.

Mmmm looks like I jave something much "older" than that, if I am looking at the right number. But I did the upgrade yesterday, when it asked me to do so... What should I do to force the update? Thanks

Screenshot_20200622-163916.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Akhmaat   Thanks for the screenshot.  You don't have the current firmware and that is what's holding things up.  There is nothing you can do to force the update.  I suspect it will show up in about 2-3 days.  Just be patient.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

"There is nothing you can do to force the update."

This is absolutely ridiculous. Why make an electronic device in 2020 that you can't manually update? What is the point? I'm trapped on firmware 35.68.9.12 from last year and there is nothing I can do to fix it.

This literally locks you out of using the device the way you want. On your phone, PC, TV, anything electronic you just press "update" and you're done. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MdubzTV   I looked at your other posts and your profile and you said your Versa 2 is new.  I don't think you are trapped.  I think you need to wait a little longer.  I completely understand your frustration that users can't request an update.  I am a user like you, not a Fitbit employee, and am just letting you know what I know.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I'm simply unable to download the app for Versa 2 .... does this mean I'll be unable to use it ????

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Akhmaat I just got a Versa 2 yesterday and ran into the same exact issue. I'm curious if the update ended up arriving for you or if you're still having issues.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes