Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't receive iMessages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a Fitbit Versa 2 for almost 2 weeks. All of my notifications come through to it - snapchat, WhatsApp, phone calls etc. Just not text messages/iMessages!

I have read a few similar questions & followed instructions to reset the devices, turn on and off, delete and reinstall, turn notifications off and re sync but nothing has worked. 

I have an iPhone XS for reference. Can anyone help please as I’m considering just sending it back to get an Apple Watch?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Imogengeorgina1, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issues you've been having with the iMessages notifications not coming through your Versa 2, I understand where your concern is coming from. I appreciate you've taken the time to troubleshoot this issue prior to posting here, I'll be glad to help you.

I also have an iPhone and I did have a similar inconvenience, but I tried toggling the iMessage setting; general > Messages > iMessage and verified the "Show Previews" was on "Always". If this steps don't work for you, I suggest taking a look at the help article: Troubleshooting quick tips for iPhones.

Give this a go and let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue. I chatted in with support and tried all of the troubleshooting that he sent in the email. I've reset my watch, toggled bluetooth, updated my phone and watch, turned "show previews" on and off, and many more. Is it possible that it is a defect with the watch? I just purchased it today, so I can still exchange it. This is extremely frustrating, as I've been trying for hours now. I am really hoping not to have to buy an Apple Watch in order to just see my message notifications. For reference, I have an iPhone 11 Pro. Additionally, my phone calls are working, but that is it. It seems that turning previews on works for everyone that I've seen online with this problem, but not me 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also trying to set up email notifications. I use the default iPhone email app. I hope it's just user error at this point because I love the watch so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes