Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't receive text messages from my iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

New Versa 2 not giving me any notifications on texts. Calls come in. Other notifications come in. Texts do not. I’ve spent three days trying to do this. Am I missing something?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

Hi @Maria116 What phone are you using? It sounds like it could be an iPhone. If it is follow the steps in the first post of THIS thread by KateFitbit to fix the issue

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. I just tried everything in the post. It’s still not working. iPhone is updated. Versa 2 is updated. All notification settings are on with Fitbit and with iPhone. Still don’t know how to fix this. One of the reasons I got the Versa 2 was because I wanted notifications. Don’t know what to do.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you do everything exactly as laid out by Kate? Thatis usuallybthe reasonnit doesnt work. Try ALL the steps again exactly as she lists them. If you still have pro lems then contact Customer Support 

Fitbit Support  

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately I did it all and still, text messages aren’t coming through. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then contact Support 

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having this issue. I've tried restarting my watch and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I even tried disconnecting it from the Bluetooth. Nothing has worked. 

Best Answer

Hello @Maria116 and @Pumpkin1459, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2 and Versa Lite are not receiving the text messages from mobile phone. Thank you so much for your efforts in troubleshooting the issue and for following @NellyG's recommendation.

For both of you, I'd appreciate if you follow the steps below (or confirm that you tried them as follows):

1. Go into your phone's Bluetooth menu
2. Tap on the icon next to your Fitbit device
3. Press Forget this device
4. Re-open the Fitbit app and re-bond your device

5. Set up notifications again

For iOS, please see: Troubleshooting quick tips for iPhone and for Android: Why are notifications delayed or missing?

If you @Pumpkin1459 are on an Android device, I was wondering if the mobile device you're syncing with is included in our list of supported devices? You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Fitbit products are compatible with most devices that have the following operating systems: Apple iOS 12.2 and higher, Android OS 7.0 and higher, or Windows 10 v1607 or higher. 

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported and does not meet the require OS we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

Hello @Mariann84, welcome to the Community Forums. We currently aren't staffed to provide support in Norwegian within the Community Forums.

We currently support French, Italian, Spanish, German, Korean, Chinese, Japanese and English. Hopefully we can support more locales in the future. If you could reply me back in English, I'll be more than glad to help you. 

I'll be around, keep me posted. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem plus i am not getting any call notifications nothing no calls no texts.i have the first verse and honestly i regret buying it it had so many issues since the beginning then was fine and now again .I tried everything  -paired again, forget device still nothing.

Best Answer

I did it. I had to uninstall the fitbit app and reinstall it. Then it started to work right away.

Best Answer

My versa 2 is a week old and I’ve not received any text messages since I received it. have tried all the troubleshooting options and this morning again uninstalled the app to see if that might fix the problem. All other notifications are coming through but texts. I live my Fitbit otherwise but would really like to get this issue resolved. as mentioned by others this feature was a selling point for me. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @SunsetRunner and @Ymacabuag, welcome on board. I'm sorry to hear that you're having the same notifications issue. Thank you so much for all the steps you've done so far in order to get this fixed. 

I've created a case for you and someone from our Support Team will respond as soon as possible. Due to recent events affecting our operations, we may need more than 7 business days to respond.

Hi there @Mariann84. I'm glad to hear that you're back on track. Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you. 😉

I'll be around if there's anything else I may do to help you in the meantime. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! I tried that too. Still no text alerts...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Maria116, thanks for getting back and letting me know the outcome. I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please note that we may need more than 7 business days to respond, due to recent events affecting our operations. Keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account. 

I'll be around if you have any questions present. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I noticed there was a new update today so have done that. It doesn’t seem to have resolved the texting notification issue so I’ll look forward to hearing from tech support

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Ymacabuag, thanks for the update. Our Support Team will address the issue with your notifications accordingly. We are sorry for taking long to get back to you, due to recent events affecting our operations we are having a delay in responding. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do for you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just want to make sure the problem is resolved sooner rather than later. If it’s not going to work properly, I’m going to have to return it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

yes right , its been already more then a week like this . Unfortunately i can no longer return mine otherwise i would have done it!😒

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Maria116 and @SunsetRunner, thanks for getting back. I've seen that our Support Team got back to you a couple of days ago, but they haven't heard back from you since then. If you're still having issues with the notifications, would you mind checking your inbox and follow the steps you were provided and share the outcome with our team so they can continue assisting you if needed?

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we help you to get your issue solved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have decided to return the Fitbit Versa. It wasn’t what I expected.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes