Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't show my Active Zone Minutes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I've chatted and emailed customer support for several days and am still unable to get an answer. Please help!! I have the Versa 2 and would like for it to display the Active Zone Minutes Tile. I currently only see the Active Minutes Tile. I've been told that I need to be involved in more rigorous activities for it to be displayed but this does not make sense. I have fat burn, cardio and peak minutes (as shown in my Active Minutes) so why can't it display the Active Zone Minutes?

Thank you!!!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Bit of background: the Versa 2 used to measure Active Minutes (lightning bolt icon).  Some time later, Zone Minutes (3 chevrons icon) replaced active minutes, and with that, the way the various heart rate zones were calculated, generally being harder to achieve.  This change was introduced first on newest devices but has since been retrofitted to the whole Versa line.

Being new to Fitbit, my guess is that your Versa 2 is still using the previous firmware version before switching to Zone Minutes.  If this is the case, within a few days to a week, I would expect you would get a firmware update changing it (the tracker itself) to measure Zone Minutes instead.  Not positive on this, but I expect the phone app will see that change, and switch to Zone Minutes also.

When a firmware update is available, there will be an obvious notice on your phone app that firmware update is ready and waiting for you to give go-ahead to install.

If you want to verify this is the issue, on the V2 itself, scroll right through Apps to Settings, tap that and scroll to bottom to 'About'.  Tap that and it will show Version number, which is the firmware version.  Check that against current version number shown here What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? 
Current listed now is Version 35.71.1.15.  If that is not what your tracker shows, then you do not yet have the latest firmware version, and I expect your issue will be cleared up when you do get that.  There is nothing you can do to speed up delivery of latest version; just have to wait for it to come and get notice in phone app.

Something else that can be confusing at first but you might already know:  there are 2 types of updates and versions, firmware and software.  Firmware updates refer to changes made to the tracker itself, and software updates are to the phone app, generally through the Google Play Store if using Android phone.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Are you talking about display on Versa 2 itself, or on phone app?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @serenity5906. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the inconvenience with your Versa 2. 

I'm wondering the same as @JohnnyRow, do you want to see your Active Zone Minutes on your Versa 2 itself or the Fitbit app? Turn weekly Active Zone Minutes notifications on or off in the Settings app > on your device.

Please note that there are 2 ways to receive heart-zone notifications after you enter a heart-rate zone during an exercise in the Exercise app. Set a goal of Active Zone minutes for your workout. On your device, open the Exercise app > tap an exercise > Goal > Active Zone Minutesset a goal, and start the workout.

Turn on zone notifications for the exercise. On your device, open the Exercise app > tap an exercise > tap the gear icon > Zone Notifications.

Your active minutes data is below your Active Zone Minutes data in the Fitbit app:

1. On the Today tab > tap Zone Mins.
  2. At the top, tap Week.
  3. Scroll down to see your active minutes data.
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m referring to the phone app but I just checked the watch display and it shows the same thing as well.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@serenity5906 So it seems like you're not earning enough Active Zone Minutes then. To help you maximize your time, you earn 2 Active Zone Minutes for each minute you’re in the cardio or peak zones. Heart-rate zones are personalized based on your fitness level and age. For more information, see How do I track heart rate with my Fitbit device? and What are Active Zone Minutes or active minutes on my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

1.  I assume your issue is that Zone Minutes do not even have a display spot, rather than not achieving Zone Minutes.  Is this correct?

2.  When you mention the Active Minutes tile, do you mean one of the circles at the top of the app above any horizontal lines, or one the the tiles below  that shows just one item across the width?

3.  Versa 2 should be all in Active Zone Minutes, not Active Minutes.  If the phone app still refers to Active Minutes, all I can imagine is that it doesn't have the latest updates.  Is this a new device?  If so, it could be that a firmware update you should get in a few days will fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello!
Yes, #1 is correct! When I say Tiles I’m referring to one of the 4 circle spots. It’s not a new phone but I am a new Fitbit owner. 🙂 The app is up-to-date.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bit of background: the Versa 2 used to measure Active Minutes (lightning bolt icon).  Some time later, Zone Minutes (3 chevrons icon) replaced active minutes, and with that, the way the various heart rate zones were calculated, generally being harder to achieve.  This change was introduced first on newest devices but has since been retrofitted to the whole Versa line.

Being new to Fitbit, my guess is that your Versa 2 is still using the previous firmware version before switching to Zone Minutes.  If this is the case, within a few days to a week, I would expect you would get a firmware update changing it (the tracker itself) to measure Zone Minutes instead.  Not positive on this, but I expect the phone app will see that change, and switch to Zone Minutes also.

When a firmware update is available, there will be an obvious notice on your phone app that firmware update is ready and waiting for you to give go-ahead to install.

If you want to verify this is the issue, on the V2 itself, scroll right through Apps to Settings, tap that and scroll to bottom to 'About'.  Tap that and it will show Version number, which is the firmware version.  Check that against current version number shown here What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? 
Current listed now is Version 35.71.1.15.  If that is not what your tracker shows, then you do not yet have the latest firmware version, and I expect your issue will be cleared up when you do get that.  There is nothing you can do to speed up delivery of latest version; just have to wait for it to come and get notice in phone app.

Something else that can be confusing at first but you might already know:  there are 2 types of updates and versions, firmware and software.  Firmware updates refer to changes made to the tracker itself, and software updates are to the phone app, generally through the Google Play Store if using Android phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the explanation!! Yes, you are correct, I do not have the latest firmware. Then, upon doing some research in the Fitbit Community- it looks like the change has not been favorable/unresolved. So, I’ll be ok if it does not update 😬. Thank you again for your time and resolution!
Best Answer

Sorry about some of the other sources' misunderstanding about what your problem was (and your thread title getting modified based on incorrect understanding of your issue).  As for the community reception to the change, I think the biggest issue is the change in the heart rate zones, making them harder to achieve, people feeling they are not being rewarded appropriately for same workout as before..  But the new method does take into account resting heart rate which it did not previously.  I expect the change was made, at least in part, to go along with more recent recommendations from CDC and maybe Heart Association, recognizing added value of more intense exercise, for which new method can award double minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, Yes, after reading about the Active Zone Minutes I was so intrigued which is when I noticed I don’t even have it!

After 4 days of customer support and even showing them my screenshot with the Active Minutes Icon (circled!!), I just got tired of the miscommunication. The moderator has updated the Subject Line and I can’t find a way to edit it.. I should say Active Zone Minutes “ICON” for it to be clear. But at last, I’m happy to finally have it resolved. Thank you, again!!
Best Answer

Im the same. New versa but I don’t have active zone minutes.. on my phone I have the tile lightning zone minutes not 3 lines active zone minutes.. my other versa had 3 line active zone minutes. My nee versa has not got the latest version in about.. I have 35.70.7.14 which is not the latest version. So I guess I’ll have to wait or end up calling support as this is very frustrating.. active zone minutes I could do a 45 min class yet active minutes came as 200 so this is very important feature for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jen1408 wrote:

Im the same. New versa but I don’t have active zone minutes.. on my phone I have the tile lightning zone minutes not 3 lines active zone minutes.. my other versa had 3 line active zone minutes. My nee versa has not got the latest version in about.. I have 35.70.7.14 which is not the latest version. So I guess I’ll have to wait or end up calling support as this is very frustrating.. active zone minutes I could do a 45 min class yet active minutes came as 200 so this is very important feature for me.

@Jen1408  If you just got a new Versa, it is the original firmware.  Within a few days, you will get a firmware update to bring it up to date.  That is always the case.  There is nothing else you can do.  It will not speed it up to call support.  Just be patient for a few days.  New products ship as they were originally manufactured.

Best Answer
0 Votes