Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't show the caller ID

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Over the last month, my versa 2 has shown 'phone' instead of my contact when receiving an incoming call.

It doesnt happen with every call, but at least half in a day I'd say.

All the notification settings etc are fine and it always worked up until recently.

Has anyone got any ideas other than factory reset and uninstalling etc?? Its not a major issue obviously, but just an irritating one! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there, @RichardMc1984. Thanks for stopping by. I understand how irritating this can be. 

Since you've already checked all the notifications settings are correct, I'd like you to please confirm if you have enabled the Fitbit app permissions under Settings of your Android device. If you've done that, please try going to the phone Settings > Apps > Fitbit > Permissions and toggle off "Contacts", then restart your phone and toggle "Contacts" back on.

Also, check that your Fitbit app is up-to-date. For more information, see What's changed in the latest release of the Fitbit app? To download the latest app version, please visit the Google Play Store here.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hey there, @RichardMc1984. Thanks for stopping by. I understand how irritating this can be. 

Since you've already checked all the notifications settings are correct, I'd like you to please confirm if you have enabled the Fitbit app permissions under Settings of your Android device. If you've done that, please try going to the phone Settings > Apps > Fitbit > Permissions and toggle off "Contacts", then restart your phone and toggle "Contacts" back on.

Also, check that your Fitbit app is up-to-date. For more information, see What's changed in the latest release of the Fitbit app? To download the latest app version, please visit the Google Play Store here.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, thanks for getting back to me.

I tried what you suggested, toggle off contacts, restart & then toggle back on & that seems to have helped!

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RichardMc1984 Awesome! 🙂 I'm glad to hear the steps did the trick for you. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, unfortunately the versa is back displaying 'phone' for every call again. 

Am I going to have to keep doing this trick for it to work properly? 

Very frustrating but not essential I suppose.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RichardMc1984 I understand how frustrating this can be. 

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes