Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't swipe won't record steps or heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit versa 2 has spent a year in the draw because the update ment it wouldn't turn on , it finally turned on and now the screen won't swipe and the steps won't count . I've tried restarting it and uninstalling it on the app then re connecting I've changed the clock face ect and nothing seems to work !!

It's frustrating to know I've had to wait over a year for the update to sort itself out so the watch actually turns on ( had to buy a replacement ) for then nothing to work apart from the time . I could really use some help on what to do next as from what I can see online I've tried everything .

Kind regards 

( I'm also holding fitbit fully responsible for my weight gain over the last year 🤣

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I feel your frustration - I am unable to get my Versa 2 to repair after being told to uninstall the app and reinstall - only to have every attempt to repair my device faile.   was just informed in a chat that there was an update rolled out by Fitbit but they hadn't reached all their customers yet, so my Versa 2 is literally useless.  The time is even wrong - it's useless even as a watch.   I'm not sure why an update would be rolled out which deems devices useless but it sure seems short sighted.  

Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Sarad123 - if the old watch had a problem and letting the battery run down enabled it to restart but still has an issue you may need to change clock face from the phone app.

However you will need to get it connected and if you have a new working watch connected to the app best not to fiddle with the old one.

If the old watch didn't have a physical problem and just a software one, a factory reset using the button might get it working but best only if you have a second account or phone and manage which watch is connecting by turning off the other.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @CallmeLucy - unless you can get your watch synced with the app you won't be able to change the time.

There are issues of syncing with the new V4 Fitbit App but best to troubleshoot the connection issue.

Remove the Bluetooth entry for the watch from the phone then Logout of the Fitbit App and swipe off the active window and in Android clear the storage cache and force stop it and then restart the phone.

Make sure there are no other devices running the Fitbit App switched on or other watches.

Restart the watch by holding the watch button for 10 seconds till it blanks or vibrates and wait for the logo to appear and for it to start.

Login to the Fitbit App and on the device page add new device, choose yours and replace.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer