Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't sync nor track my heart rate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Same as a lot of other ppl

on this forum, having trouble syncing my versa lite with my phone, not registering heart rate, have tried all the trouble shooting measures and still won’t work, very disappointed in this product as I love my Fitbit normally. May need to choose another brand for my next tracker 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @tedurst2. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for following the tips and recommendations provided above. I understand why you're feeling disappointed. 

In addition to the steps you've tried, please follow these ones in the following order:

• Make sure you've removed your watch from your Fitbit account and from your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Set up your watch again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your watch.

If you can't get started with your watch, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there, @Stacey35. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. I understand why you're feeling disappointed. 

If you haven't done so yet, please try removing the Bluetooth connection between your phone and your Fitbit device:

*On your phone, tap Settings Bluetooth > the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device > Forget This Device.
*Open the Fitbit app and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone. Tap Pair to approve the request.

Sync your Versa 2 automatically when you open the Fitbit app or manually by tapping your profile picture > your device tile > Sync Now.

If you continue having syncing difficulties, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

As for the heart rate, please follow the steps below:

• Switch the Heart Rate settings from On to Off and manually sync your watch. To switch the heart rate settings on your watch, from the main screen of your watch, swipe left until you see "Settings", next swipe up until you see "Heart Rate" and switch it to Off.
  • Once it's done, manually sync your Versa 2. To do so, open the Fitbit app, tap on the Account icon, tap on your Versa 2's image and tap on "Sync Now" 
  • Next, switch it from Off to On and manually sync your watch once again. 
  • Once it's done, restart your watch.
  • Next, confirm that your tracker is snug on your wrist (the lights shouldn't be visible) We also recommend when you're not exercising, wear the tracker just above the wrist bone.

For more information, see What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device? 

Hope this helps. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't. I followed the steps to try to re-sync it and unpaired it with my Bluetooth and now it won't reconnect. Says it needs an app to do it but I've had the app for years. So disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @tedurst2. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for following the tips and recommendations provided above. I understand why you're feeling disappointed. 

In addition to the steps you've tried, please follow these ones in the following order:

• Make sure you've removed your watch from your Fitbit account and from your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Set up your watch again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your watch.

If you can't get started with your watch, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of these measures have helped at all. I’ve noticed a lot of people with the same problem. Could it possibly be an update issue? 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem but I can't 'Forget this device' because, as of yesterday, it won't show up on my Oppo A73 android in the list of Bluetooth connections. It also won't show up on my Samsung SM-T700 tablet but had been doing for 5 months. It does show up on my 2016 iPhone SE but that has a small screen compared to the Oppo. I've found no answer in any Forum or YouTube video that will work

Dave

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Stacey35 Thanks for the update. I've seen that you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already addressed this matter. 🙂 

@dave1939 Thanks for stopping by here and already troubleshooting your Fitbit device.

I've seen you also tried to contacted our Support Team, but I'm afraid your email didn't go through, so the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes