Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't sync to my granddaughter's iPhone 8

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I upgraded my versa 2 to a sense.  I gave the versa 2 to my granddaughter who is 13.  The versa 2 will not sync to her iPhone 8 plus which is up to date. We have gone thru all the steps multiple times.  Turning each off, deleting the app and reinstalling.  It isn't showing in the phone Bluetooth. I tried to add her to family on my app but the versa 2 isn't on the list for kids.  I don't care where the versa 2 is synced either in family or her phone I just want it to work.  Any help will be appreciated. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @craftygater. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with the Versa 2 before reaching out. 

While reading your post I was wondering if the Versa 2 has been already unpaired from your phone's Bluetooth? If you yet, and you and granddaughter are trying to pair the Versa 2 while your phone is nearby, that would explain the issues you both are having. 

With the above being said, please try the following steps:

• Unpair your Versa 2 from your phone's Bluetooth and also from your granddaughter's iPhone 8 (in case it's already showing up there).
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up the Versa 2 with the iPhone 8.
  • If there is no connection, restart the Versa 2.
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @craftygater. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with the Versa 2 before reaching out. 

While reading your post I was wondering if the Versa 2 has been already unpaired from your phone's Bluetooth? If you yet, and you and granddaughter are trying to pair the Versa 2 while your phone is nearby, that would explain the issues you both are having. 

With the above being said, please try the following steps:

• Unpair your Versa 2 from your phone's Bluetooth and also from your granddaughter's iPhone 8 (in case it's already showing up there).
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up the Versa 2 with the iPhone 8.
  • If there is no connection, restart the Versa 2.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Thank you for responding.  We did get it figured out.  You are right.  I did remove the versa 2 from my account and told my phone to forget it.  However i did not turn off my Bluetooth and without realizing it....it reconnected to my phone and wouldn't connect to hers.  Once I turned off my Bluetooth and removed it again it paired with her phone immediately and is working fine.  Thanks Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

@craftygater Awesome! I'm glad to hear you managed to solve the issue. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Best Answer