Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't track my GPS distance accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa 2 has suddenly stopped tracking pace and distance. I walk the same route and the versa 2 tracks it on the map correctly. But, the pace and distance is way off. I walked 4 miles and it showed one mile. It shows one mile is taking 30 minutes. I manually start my exercise through the app. GPS is connected. I’ve tried turning it off. It doesn’t stay off it comes right back on. I try to see if it needs an update but the screen just shows the blue Fitbit logo fading in and out. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @mrsmoe81. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2 is still not tracking your distance accurately. I will do my best to help you with this!

To better assist you, please make sure you've restarted your Fitbit device as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device?.

Fitbit devices use the formula below to calculate distance. Your stride length is determined by your height and sex. Steps x Stride Length = Distance Traveled

Please note when you track an activity with GPS, your device calculates your distance using GPS data rather than steps. If you begin moving before you get a GPS signal, your device calculates distance using your steps until GPS connects.

To update your stride length, track a run with GPS or measure your stride length manually. For more information, see Can I change my stride length in my Fitbit account?

For more information about GPS, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes