Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't track my heart rate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

When I turn on my Versa 2 the heart rate monitor is working, I can see my heart rate and the green light on the back is flashing. 

After 10 minutes though the green light turns off and it stops reading my heart rate. The only way to get it working is to turn it off and on again. 

Every time I turn it off and on it works for 10 minutes but then stops working.

I’ve followed these steps from the community (linked below) but it hasn’t fixed the issue.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Other-Versa-Smartwatches/Versa-2-heart-rate-monitor-stopped-working/...

What else I’ve tried:

• Factory reset (multiple times).

• Hard reset (multiple times).

• Turning off heart rate features, sync, turn it back on, sync, reboot.

• Turning the Always On screen off and on.

• Turning Irregular Heart Rhythm off and on.

• Turning heart rate features off and on in settings.

• Cleaning the sensor on the back.

• Using the other wrist.

• I’ve called support and just got a voucher for a new device. 

The heart rate sensor is actually working, it just stops working after 10 minutes of being on. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello there, @Hashtagpj. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. 

Thanks for your question about why we offered a discount towards a new Fitbit product instead of a replacement of your existing Fitbit product. Our limited warranty provides repair or replacement of products that have a defect while still in the warranty period. Since your device was out of the warranty period, and therefore was not eligible for repair or replacement, we wanted to offer you a discount to thank you for your loyalty to Fitbit.

For more information about our warranty, see fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty or please feel free to contact our team back so they can clarify any doubt. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello there, @Hashtagpj. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. 

Thanks for your question about why we offered a discount towards a new Fitbit product instead of a replacement of your existing Fitbit product. Our limited warranty provides repair or replacement of products that have a defect while still in the warranty period. Since your device was out of the warranty period, and therefore was not eligible for repair or replacement, we wanted to offer you a discount to thank you for your loyalty to Fitbit.

For more information about our warranty, see fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty or please feel free to contact our team back so they can clarify any doubt. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marie

I appreciate your time but you answered a question I didn’t ask. My question is about the heart rate monitor not working. My question is not about the warranty or discount. 

Best Answer

Update 

I’ve also tried: 

• rigorously cleaning the sensor on the back (with surface cleaner liquid & a metal scrubber) 

• letting the battery fully drain 

• hardware factory reset (via button) 

Nothing has worked.

The only thing I didn’t try is downgrading the software, unfortunately I don’t believe this is possible. 

At first when I turned it off and on it started working, but after a variable interval of time it stopped working. Sometimes it’s 10 minutes, sometimes it’s a couple of hours. It seems to not be working at all now. 

I work in software so I have a pretty good understanding of tech, I suspect this is a hardware issue (ie something physically wrong with the sensor) and can’t be fixed by an end user. That’s just my two cents though. 

I thought I’d post this update for anyone else struggling with this issue in the future.

The Versa 4 & Sense 2 don’t have music controls which is a deal breaker for me. The Versa 3 is out of stock. I have bought an Apple Watch SE instead. Sad to be leaving the Fitbit ecosystem but that’s the way the cookie crumbles. 

Best Answer