Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't turn on at all

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

About 4 weeks ago my versa 2 screen turned to white with dots... like snow, but no motion. Alarms were working and I could stop them by touching the correct spot on the face. Now it is not working at all. I want my money back. I never got it wet, don't swim, don't wear into the shower, never hit it...it just died. I am not happy, I have been a customer for a long time and the products never last. What do I have to do to get my money back?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Earthquakie, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2's screen has been experiencing issues in the last couple of weeks. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. Our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can. This article will also provide you information regarding your inquiry about getting your money back.

That being said, I was wondering if you've already tried restarting your Versa 2? If you haven't done so yet, please follow the steps provided here: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the restart doesn't work and your didn't feel a vibration when performing the restart, please try the steps below:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above steps don't work, at this point I recommend doing a factory reset (before doing so, make sure to remove your watch from your Fitbit account): 

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

You can follow the steps to set up the device after that: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account, your applications, alarms, etc. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Earthquakie, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2's screen has been experiencing issues in the last couple of weeks. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. Our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can. This article will also provide you information regarding your inquiry about getting your money back.

That being said, I was wondering if you've already tried restarting your Versa 2? If you haven't done so yet, please follow the steps provided here: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the restart doesn't work and your didn't feel a vibration when performing the restart, please try the steps below:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above steps don't work, at this point I recommend doing a factory reset (before doing so, make sure to remove your watch from your Fitbit account): 

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

You can follow the steps to set up the device after that: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account, your applications, alarms, etc. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes