Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't turn on or charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fool me THREE times shame on me!!  I had the same problem with my first Fitbit Versa.  It was replaced.  Had the same problem with the replacement.  It was out of warranty but I got a 25% discount offer to "keep me in the family".  I got my new Versa 2 (that'll fix the problem) only five weeks ago and the same thing happened again!  Went dead, put it on charger and still dead.  Tried two other chargers with no change.  When I push and hold the button on the side a get a display of a battery outline with an exclamation point through it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @stuhitchen, thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2 isn't charging nor turning on. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. Thanks for trying to fix the inconvenience prior to posting here, I'll be glad to continue assisting you. 

As per the description of your post, it seems that your watch may have insufficient power source. Where do you charge your tracker? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub. Please note that for best results, don’t leave your device plugged in on the charger longer than overnight.

Additionally, please check and try the steps below:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @stuhitchen, thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2 isn't charging nor turning on. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. Thanks for trying to fix the inconvenience prior to posting here, I'll be glad to continue assisting you. 

As per the description of your post, it seems that your watch may have insufficient power source. Where do you charge your tracker? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub. Please note that for best results, don’t leave your device plugged in on the charger longer than overnight.

Additionally, please check and try the steps below:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes