Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't turn on or take a charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 2 has completely stopped working. The green light on the back is gone, it will not charge, the screen is completely black, I cannot reset it to factory settings- it is completely unresponsive. On 6/22 is synced and seemed fine, but started having flashing screen issues and acting up- but as of the last 3 days- it is completely unresponsive and will not even charge. I have tried to clean the backing and pins as suggested on feeds, I have attempted to restart to factory settings- no response. Any advise on how to fix this?

I reached out to live chat with support- and got down to position # 1 on the list- then it sent be back to the beginning application page to set up a chat. Please advise.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone!

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If your Versa 2 display is unresponsive, try restarting it by doing the following: 

• Press and hold the button for 10 seconds until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, and then release the button.
  • For more information please see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the issue persists, please get in touch with our Support team.

Hope this helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Hi @KH.405, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before to posting over here, sorry for the issue you experienced with the chat support channel. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. 

Looking forward to your reply. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I also have the same problem. My Versa 2 is completely dead now. 

First, the screen was on but unresponsive. A few days later, the screen went totally off but it's still functioning (it could track my steps and sleep, and it can sync to my phone app), then a few days later it went completely off, can't track anything, can't be charged - no response at all.

I have tried to check the charging problem and followed the steps in Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? but it didn't work. I also tried to restart as written here: How do I restart my Fitbit device? and performed a factory reset by pressing and holding the three buttons on my Fitbit for 20 seconds, but nothing worked. My Versa 2 is still dead. Please help.

Best Answer

Hello RicardoFitbit,

I am experiencing the same issue that @KH.405. After following your instructions and checking the article you mentioned, nothing has changed. The device continues without responding at all. Black screen and there is nothing happening when I plug it in for charging.. 

I have also checked on the community and follow the instructions of other possible solutions but I am still not getting the device to respond.. it continues to be off...

Please advice.

Regards

Best Answer

Hi RicardoFitbit,

I am also having these issues and have gone thru all the troubleshooting, but my Versa 2 is still unresponsive. Is there anything else that can be done? I've only had it for 6 months and I really want to get it fixed.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Best Answer

Well I guess we are more and more users with the same problem.. Something happened with the versa 2. Mine stopped working yesterday. First it was on but the screen wouldn't respond.. then it discharged very fast and that's it.. It has been dead since then and no response at all.. Tried to charge, restart and everything they say.. nothing happened.. It lasted 9 months...

Best Answer

Mine has done the same. Completely dead front and no lights on back. All restart tips etc haven't worked. Less that 6 months old. 

Not happy! 

Best Answer

My Versa 2 was working properly this morning but when put it on the charger it was dead and none of the troubleshooting solutions work. Has anyone found a solution!

Best Answer

I'm also very interested in what caused this and if there is a solution.. I think the battery went too low and now it's not able to charge at all, my wife did say she experience an all white screen before it stopped.

Best Answer
Hi.
A day after it died the face fell off No there was water damage.
I think the face came loose and it died due to water from shower.
Good news is fitbit were great to deal with and have honoured the warranty.
New 1 is on its way. 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was mistaken to think my wife had a Versa 2, she has the original Versa and it well out of warrantee by now but still a little disappointing for a device this expensive.. the next one will probably be a Mi Band which costs less than 35 euro..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with my Versa 2. My battery was low and I charged it overnight. It seemed to be working this morning but I just noticed a blank/black screen. I thought perhaps it didn’t charge after all and connected the charger again but nothing is happening. I cleaned the connections, tried holding the side button to restart, nothing works. My app can’t find it. I’ve had it for 10 months. I don’t see any solutions offered here except to read an article, not even any responses from Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Hi can ANYBODY help please ....I’ve had my Versa 2 not even two months. Three days ago battery started draining faster than usual, upon charging it never reached 100%, last night battery was at 37% I put on to charge & got various screen fluctuations, like a static effect, bouncing between clock face & saying charging but not actually charging 

I have tried everything suggested from all forums, U tube videos, cleaning dock n device, different usb plugs & power points, soft reset, bought a new charging dock today & still no joy! 
I have done a Factory Reset but battery is dead & not charging. 
I purchased through EBay Seller who refuses to respond to my emails. 
$250 plus $30 on new charger. 
Im really disgusted after less than two months it’s cactus. 
Please can anyone help me?? 

Best Answer

Any solutions?

Best Answer

My Versa is doing the same!! Ever since the last update, I noticed that while charging, my Versa was lit up, after a few days stopped working, completely unresponsive, it doesn’t charge, does not respond to the steps on “if my battery doesn’t work” and it clearly can’t be brought to factory settings. What’s happening!?? It was perfectly fine!!! We need help.

------------------------------------------

Unfortunately no help or advice from Fitbit. We’re alone on this. Thinking I might need a new one since nothing seems to help. 

Best Answer

I've read all comments and SAMEx3!! I've had mine longer so I know I dont have warranty but JEEZ FITBIT COME ON SOMEONE HELP

Best Answer

They lost this customer. Good luck peeps

Best Answer

Mine did the same thing this morning and pressing the button on the side for 10 seconds got mine to come back up.

Best Answer

Glad to hear it, that was literally the first thing I tried....

Waiting for my Samsung Galaxy watch to arrive. These people seem to not care about losing a few customers 

Best Answer
I tried that several times. it's very disappointing.
Best Answer