Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't turn on or take a charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 2 has completely stopped working. The green light on the back is gone, it will not charge, the screen is completely black, I cannot reset it to factory settings- it is completely unresponsive. On 6/22 is synced and seemed fine, but started having flashing screen issues and acting up- but as of the last 3 days- it is completely unresponsive and will not even charge. I have tried to clean the backing and pins as suggested on feeds, I have attempted to restart to factory settings- no response. Any advise on how to fix this?

I reached out to live chat with support- and got down to position # 1 on the list- then it sent be back to the beginning application page to set up a chat. Please advise.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52
Good for you! I'm going with Apple.

If anyone here would want 3 semi new wristbands for the Versa, I literally
have one still in an unopened package, plus 2 others barely used. All of
them from Fitbit. Free, donating to someone whose watch still works.

GTA ON..Canada
Best Answer

Hi there!  Do you still have the bands by any chance?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a bunch of new, unworn silicone bands in a variety of colors which I will never get to use now that my Versa 2 died yesterday. I've only had it for a year and it just overheated and stopped charging. I think a bad batch of watches were manufactured and sold between winter of 2019 and spring of 2020. If you want the watchbands, I can send them to you. I only ever wore the pink sparkly band because it matches my rose gold trim. The others are white, turquoise, purple and plain pink.

Best Answer

Same thing happened to my Versa 2 when I sat it on the charger it also got hot and this was after the screen went black and no green light on the back I contacted support not able to do any factory re-set I was able to return it they sent me the return label back in May I returned it 6/3/21 via USPS they received it yesterday 6/30/21 at their warehouse.  This is about the 3rd inquiry made about why it takes this long to get to CA from GA so now I was told to wait another 5 business days for an update as to when it will be fixed/replaced.  Highly disappointed Fitbit needs to choose another carrier for returns a customer should never have to wait over a month for an item to be returned to a warehouse.  Been without my device for over a month I'll update again when or if I ever get it back 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey I am interested in the band's if you have them. 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the “affects me too” boat. Echo all comments around white screen flickering, recharged, seemed to work again but a day later screen issues returned and then died completely.  My watch however is 2 years old.  Interesting that so many folks have the same problem all around the same time. My issues started early August.  Any chance of some push software update gone bad?? This is my first smart watch. I hate to think smart watches have 2 year lifespan or less. My cell phone last longer than that and cost similar amount.

is anyone getting resolution or are we all just out of luck?!

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing! Won't charge now after the screen being glitchy and not responding to wrist turn after checking that motion response was on. Very frustrating! I've had mine for 21 months. My brother and sister also have one but they got it after me and theirs aren't glitching yet.

Best Answer

Hi Ricardo,

I have the same problem that so many others have. My Versa 2 suddenly stopped working. It’s just black. I’ve done everything in the article you cite plus I’ve looked online. Are there any other options for getting it fixed? I think I’ve had it about a year and a half. 
Thanks,

darrelldog3

Best Answer
Call fitbit support they will go thru some troubleshooting steps did you
register it when you purchased it? If so they will replace it
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Darrelldog3 and @Lheather.

@Lheather I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your suggestions. Thank you for your time and efforts to help other users. 

@Darrelldog3 Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. If you've already followed our instructions in this help article and tried changing a clock face to Fitbit designed, please contact our Support team for further assistance. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same issues...never looked into why it stopped.  Was told they just stop working and are history...  then recently was told by someone that the one they have is 5 years old and still working.  Please....would like it to use.  Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started this. I cleaned the prongs on the charger and the watch. Put watch in charger then noticed when I let pressure up off watch it quit charging. So I use a hair band to keep pressure on while charging. It's wearing out. Mine is a 2019 watch versa 2. Now I can't get it to get out of a program. That's why I am here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Versa 2 suddenly died. I've tried everything that I can think of to fix it and I don't know how to fix that. So can anyone help please

Best Answer

My second Versa2 in a few years, working fine and even firmware updated less than a month ago. On Friday, it just went black and stopped working or charging. Holding button down continuously sometimes would get the logo to post, then the screen would go blank. Later, after leaving on charger for hours, sometimes it would display a red battery empty icon that I had never seen in five years of use, then go off. Won't sync. Won't hold charge. Tried cleaning the posts and the contacts with a toothpick, isopropyl alcohol, different USB base for charging but I think this one is finally done ... It would be nice for the administrators to post more responsive replies here once in a while -- this issue doesn't seem isolated and there is only so much DIY that folks can be directed to on un-manned FAQ forums. A fine product but this part of the experience is leaving us feel less than thrilled. I will buy one more but you guys need to support our loyalty--there are wolves at the door and other options out there, as several have posted about. Come on Fitbit, step up...! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a hold of Fitbit about the issue that I was having and they resolved it so I am getting a new Fitbit device

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I guess I should contact them as well. I actually thought when i was
posting this to a fitbit representative. Thanks for the info.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have a Fitbit Versa and it’s not turning on, you can check & execute these 7 brand-new methods to solve the issue completely. If you’re worried about the fact that your Versa is not turning on, first calm down. It’s okay for an electronic gadget to be stopped suddenly. Maybe the issue is way simpler than you’re thinking.

Fitbit Versa turn-on methods:

1. Charge your Fitbit Versa
  2. Check the Charger
  3. Try Rebooting your Versa
  4. Reset Software to Factory Defaults
  5. Replace the Battery
  6. Search on Fitbit Community
  7. Connect to Fitbit Support

If you want a step-by-step guide, read this article about Fitbit Versa not turning on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with the Versa 2 REPLACEMENT that I just received in the mail after returning my original Versa 2. (Which also had this problem) 

I keep reading about holding the 2 or 3 buttons on the Versa 2, but there’s only one button. I’m frustrated and confused. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone had a resolution to this problem? Mine was stuck yesterday on the logo and today it's completely unresponsive after charging it over night. I contacted customer service and they had me hold down the button to reset but that didn't do anything as if I hadn't thought to that before I contacted them. They said they would elevate this and get back to me but of course I have not heard back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The older watches had only one button like mine.   I have 2 of these and they both quit today after being fully charged.  I wanted to sync and both watches died.  Two watches on the same day tells me this is a issue with fitbit products .  I will not buy again.

Best Answer
0 Votes