Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there, I have a Versa 2. It suddenly turned off, stuck with a black screen, and it won't charge. I cannot restart it by pressing the side button, and cannot update anything on the app. It appears completely dead, but I have had no issues with the watch or battery up to now. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @ClaireAmy93 @sweetheart3986. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your posts about the issue with your Fitbit devices. 

To better assist you, please make sure you've restarted your Fitbit device as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the restart doesn't work and your Versa 2 does not vibrate while trying to perform the restart, please make sure you've followed all the steps provided below:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above steps don't work, I'd suggest performing a restart by following the steps below (please remove your Versa 2 from your phone's Bluetooth before performing this step): 

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

You can follow the steps to set up the device after that: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Same thing happened to mine 3 days ago. Recent update, Fitbit began to act unresponsive, nor was I receiving notifications or messages, yet calls and app were syncing. Then screen stopped responding to touch, but button worked. Now, it's not charging at all. Never had an issue whatsoever until the last update and seems to make me wonder why this sudden change ? I can't think of anything else that could have caused the issue. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @ClaireAmy93 @sweetheart3986. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your posts about the issue with your Fitbit devices. 

To better assist you, please make sure you've restarted your Fitbit device as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the restart doesn't work and your Versa 2 does not vibrate while trying to perform the restart, please make sure you've followed all the steps provided below:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above steps don't work, I'd suggest performing a restart by following the steps below (please remove your Versa 2 from your phone's Bluetooth before performing this step): 

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

You can follow the steps to set up the device after that: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you suggest if the above doesn't help and I cannot reset my Fitbit? I take care of my fitbit and it was operating get until I had to update the software. Slept after the update, the screen was unresponsive and then it went black and I have tried all that you recommended. I even purchased a new charger in hopes that was the issue but nothing has made any difference so far. My Fitbit was a gift so I'm not sure how to go about a warranty claim. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Best Answer
0 Votes