Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My watch won't turn on. It will sync with my phone. It has 58% battery, but it won't turn on. Restart instructions did not work. Holding power button for 10 seconds did nothing.

Any other advice? Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi there, @Angry-Owner. It's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2 is still not turning on, I will do my best to help you with this. 

As our last resort, I'd suggest performing a factory reset by following the steps below (please make sure that your Versa 2 is no longer paired to your phone's Bluetooth before performing this step): 

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

You can follow the steps to set up the device after that: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I gave a Versa2 too, a fairly new one , liked it so much I bought a new one when three and a half year old I thought died but then realized it did this .. went black for about 16 hours on a Tuesday … same day I get my weekly report .. because Fitbit was doing some sort of new update when they changed the look of the layout at everything  a few months ago -wondered if doing some update today -weird my watch was synced early at around 3:30 am when I got up and between then and now it went black … other stuff I do t use lights up just not the watch and the Fitbit health features I need for my heart and medical problems ( Afiv) . Hope that’s what’s wrong it came back on all by it self I left it in the charger and found it working -ofcourse I had already ordered a new watch a Sense ! One -it did die in less than 4 months just 8 days past 90 day warranty !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your generically worthless reply. "When the Fitbit logo disappears..."

Where do you think I'll be able to see the Fitbit logo disappear from??? The watch that won't power on? Really?

I can't factory reset the device without being able to have it power on. Thanks for trying, but this advice is not helpful. 🤬

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t tell you to reset you watch -I be didn’t give you any suggestions other than I wondered if it was a software update by FITBIT -that blacked out the watch ! They did that a few months ago when they totally changed the daily set up of your stats and went with a new layout for everyone -watches went black for a few hours to as much as 16 hrs ! Don’t scream at me  for given you a reasonable suggestion that was exactly why many Fitbit user went black a few months ago … it could be an update to Fitbit software .. -remind me to never answer your question agsin 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! Take a chill pill Debbie.

MarreFitBit (a Fitbit Moderator) told me to restart the watch. Go back and read... and Yes! By all means... Please don't answer any more of my questions. Leave it to the "professionals."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I just had the same problem, I read the solution just below and it worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just saw your solution and it worked, thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked for me

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi - can you please post the solution? i can’t find it and having the same issue. thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Debbster No Fitbits have a 90 day warranty. You either get 1 or 2 years for standard warranty, depending on what region you live in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes