Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 all of a sudden wont old charge

My fitbit Versa3 is about 2.5 years old, always lasted for 5 or 6 days on charge, then one day this week it turned off overnight from about a 30% charge and when I booted it up and fully charged it, it did not last the rest of the day ... about 10 hours. 

Last few days eactly the same, wont hold charge for more than 6 or 8 hours.

I have not changed any settings, have re-started it and also did a factory reset ... any ideas how to fix it so I can get my 5-6 days charge back?

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Pallbag - unfortunately it seems the watch developed a fault, most often from accumulating moisture inside and if that is the case there is nothing that will fix it and it may also get hot when charging, and if so, stop immediately.

If a factory reset doesn't fix it, with that sort of battery drain, it indicates a fault and further more it may burn you if you wear it.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does not burn when I wear it, has not been wet. So what your saying is I need a new watch, any suggestions, Garmin,  Apple, Samsung?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pallbag- you can get 14 day battery life on some good brands now which come with loads of features and great app. Look to see what appeals to your needs.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m starting to think this is a systemic Fitbit issue in the last week or two, given the number of users with the exact same issue and no change in the user’s behavior. 

Best Answer

I have also come on here as have same problem with my Versa 3. Fine until about a month ago, no change in use and now loses charge so quickly.  Not happy!!  

Best Answer

My Versa 3 is also loosing charge. 

Best Answer

I think is a problem with version, like a bug that crashes Fitbit to black screen. I started my Fitbit experience with Zip, then versa and then versa 3. I have 2 versa 3. Both goes in black screen and doesn’t charge. Like dead after 1 year of use. I bought now versa 4 and screen breaks in Pool when I was in my water-aerobic class. I have returned it immediately. How a screen can literally split in middle. I’m ussing at the moment my second versa 3 but it failure continuously and lose information also battery doesn’t last more than 2 days.  Then you can’t talk with nobody only with communities that aren’t technical support and doesn’t works in a regular office time. Now supposedly they are asking to move to google, but I’m having problems with my IPhone with this because IPhone don’t let you buy nothing to google only to App Store of IPhone. Then you can’t use your payed apps because creator removed, and you pay for your Fitbit use. Beleive me, I really understand how you feel. I think I will move to an Apple Watch. As I mention I have started with the Pin called Zip. But my experiences with the versa 3-4 made me think at the moment Fitbit is not as good as was in past. 

Best Answer

I will also be moving to Apple Watch. 
I have had numerous problems with 3rd party apps not syncing although nothing has changed. The battery life is getting shorter. There just seems to be lots of bugs in the system. And I’m having to reset or resync everything. 

Best Answer
I just noticed it doesn’t sync automatically. It always asking me to sync.
I was trying to see weekly stats but is a mess that oversize the
tabulations. I’m ussing premium and it suppose to be better. Then no
technical support number to get help. What’s going on with Fitbit?
Best Answer
0 Votes