Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 battery is draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my new versa 3 Saturday from pre order ! I was so excited.. 

within 24 hours the battery had died! I had debated replacing my versa2 with the 3 or an iwatch and went with the Fitbit because if the great battery life! 
last night I charged it ,put it in to go to bed and it was already on 58% by the morning .

then I realise that I’m being asked do I want to end a walk! Maybe gps had been running all night ? I have put walk excercise as a shortcut maybe the  button got accidentally started in the night ? Now I need to figure out how to remove walk from the shortcut so this doesn’t happen again ! 
hooefully these are things i find how to manage to increase the battery life, so far a bit disappointed ☹️ 

is any one else struggling with battery life

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

I'm not aware of a snore tracker. Not to be pedantic, but do you mean sleep? The thing is Nicola19cola, you shouldn't have to turn off features on your watch. Customers buy their products because there are one or two features which stand out that the user will benefit from. Advertised battery times should reflect real life scenarios. I want my features to work and not have to remember to turn them on and off. If I turn off features, I may as well buy a regular watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No not sleep it was a part of a new update not long ago. When I had it it drained my batter like mad every night because I think it keeps the microphone on all the time to hear you snore. You are right we shouldn't need to disconnect features just to get a better battery life. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa3 was doing well but now after less than a year it can’t hold its charge for more than a day and is becoming very useless .  Not sure what to do?  Bin it??

Best Answer

Hi Kate fitbit, I must disagree with you on the length of battery time for the Versa 3.

I was real excited to get this watch as an early Christmas present, not so exited now, more disappointed now. I've only had the watch say 3 weeks, and the battery life in the last week has been atrocious. I charged the watch to 100% Friday, then again Monday, and again this evening (2 dayslater)! 

Always on display is 'Not' on, neither am I using a clock face that uses a lot of battery, just a simple non colourful one. 

The versa controls keeps disconnecting which results in on wrist notifications not working. 

This watch versa 3, has not been a good purchase for me, really disappointing. I'm thinking of returning it which is a shame as I like the look and feel of the watch. 

Notifications from messages and emails keep disconnecting 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm coming from a Galaxy Watch so I'm hoping batter will impress me with this 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I have had my Versa 3 exactly 1 year. Happy Anniversary!
A couple of weeks ago I activated Fitbit Premium (3-month free trial). That activated the snore & noise detection. Since then, the battery life has been cut down to a third!  With display off, no GPS, etc. I easily got 5-6 days between chargings,  now it's 2 days.
I will turn off the snore detection and see if it changes anything.  But already this experience tells me to cancel Premium before the trial ends.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  thanks for sharing this. I have also found out since posting my msg that it was the Snore function that was draining the versa 3 battery. Since I have turned this function off I am back to normal 5 /6 data battery life... Happy bunny now 😊 

Best Answer

I went on a walk set the distance finished my walk stop the exercise. Later in the day I received a notice battery was low after I look at my versa 3 the walk had started over track my distance. I thought I did something wrong until I was reading your post.I know now I am not the only on. Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa 3 I bought this time last year now has to be charged every 2 hours. I am now thinking of buying an I watch on this principle 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I completely agree and I’m having the same experience. My versa 2 lasted so much longer. I’ve tried the setting recommendations with little success. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It appears that a full factory reset sorts the problem out

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this advice.  I didn't even think this could be the cause of my battery needing charging after 2 days.  However, this coincides with when I turned the snoring feature on.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the second versa ive bought as I lost my first one on vaca.  I’ve charged it fully yesterday and this morning it’s at 5%.  I don’t have brightness turned up high. I haven’t activated any of the apps.  Extremely disappointed to say the least.  I never had this issue with the first one.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

versa 3 2wks old absolute garbage same as usual the battery it drains from 100% to less than 20% in one day they recalled my ionic which I must say it lasted a few days but recalled as the battery was overheating so invested in a versa 3 6 days battery life really hahaha joke won't be purchasing any more fitbit false information 6 days don't buy a versa 3 you will regret it how I feel I wouldn't waste your money on any fitbit device

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please check which features you are using because Snore detection and Spo2 tracker app can use as much as 4 days of the 6 days battery life 

For more battery draining issues see How to resolve the Major issues causing short battery life. 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had mine for 3 days from when I received it in the mail and it dies within a day of basically just sitting on my wrist, no GPS use or hardly any exercise usage. Is it defective? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on my third fitbit and this is it for me. You cannot have a device that cannot give someone a decent 1.5 for $200. I tried with them but nope, I'm done. Just ordered a different fitness tracker watch

Best Answer
0 Votes
I understand completely. I am going to give them one more chance and if that doesn’t work out I am right there with you. Good luck

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
sounds familiar I had no end of chats with moderators telling them the
watch is useless eventually they agreed a replacement which I received
today it updated automatically on set up and so far it is holding its
charge good so the update seems to have resolved the issue if yours is
pretty new keep on to fitbit and hopefully they will send a replacement
Good luck.
Best Answer