Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 battery is draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my new versa 3 Saturday from pre order ! I was so excited.. 

within 24 hours the battery had died! I had debated replacing my versa2 with the 3 or an iwatch and went with the Fitbit because if the great battery life! 
last night I charged it ,put it in to go to bed and it was already on 58% by the morning .

then I realise that I’m being asked do I want to end a walk! Maybe gps had been running all night ? I have put walk excercise as a shortcut maybe the  button got accidentally started in the night ? Now I need to figure out how to remove walk from the shortcut so this doesn’t happen again ! 
hooefully these are things i find how to manage to increase the battery life, so far a bit disappointed ☹️ 

is any one else struggling with battery life

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

Likewise,

I've been having this similar issue with my Versa 3 device, I felt the charger was weak so I switched to one of my phone charger I'm no longer using and I think the battery holds more power after that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa 3 is 3 days old and the battery lasts 20 hours.  I’ve never used GPS and don’t have my display turned on 

Best Answer

It'll be best if you opt for a change of battery on that device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Vincenttommi  - batteries aren't replaceable.

What normally causes a rapid battery, other than a fault,like water damage inside, is overuse of features, such as Snore detection or SpO2 tracker app which combined can use as much as 4 days of the 6. 

How to resolve the Major issues causing short battery life.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They replaced my watch and its fine now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up on the brand after a recent holiday. My watch couldn't withstand one metre water pressure. Either that or the battery gave in.

I will say that the fitbit charge is the best in their range. The versas are overpriced twaddle. I have recently purchased a new watch, different brand. Battery life with GPS and heart monitoring is, well, into its 7th day with always on display. Yes there are better.  Fitbit were one pioneers, sadly they aren't the same company. Their scales are not supported. No software updates for a long time.

As I depart this eco system for good, may I recommend the garmin, apple watches and the amazfit.  I own or have owned a number of each. These are simply the best in class. 

Best Answer
Thanks so much for your insight and advice
Joanne

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

yeah i switched from an Amazefit bip to a Versa for Chirstmas 18 monhts ago (at double the price) and havent found it to be better at all. Battery life has suddenly dropped off a cliff and the app and configuration is really not very easy to navitgate, Ive had multiple issues with it. I suspect theres some inbuilt obsoletion but its not wise as I dont think I'll be buying another fitbit!

Best Answer

I got a Fitbit versa 3 days ago and I’m utterly disappointed with the battery life. I full charged it and then the same night it was down at 60%. Charged it again last night and the morning even with sleep mode on, it was 50%. I now realise why people sell them on so quick after buying.

Best Answer

Have you tried contacting the moderators. They have good knowledge on the subject.

Nice talking to you though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem spoke to lots of moderators in the end I spoke to fitbit customer services and complained and they sent me a replacement and its fine now I think its a software issue or just faulty if its under guarantee complain and ask for a replacement cus  your not happy.

Good luck. Glyn. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If your Versa 3  is not charging, please follow the charging tips in this Fitbit help article Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Versa 3 for about 2 years now, and suddenly this week the battery life is terrible. I have to charge it every two days. I've looked online and done all the solutions I've seen. Turned off notifications, factory reset, dim screen, etc etc, and yet my battery life will go from 72% to 33% overnight. 

It worked pretext until this week. I have no idea what changed. I haven't changed my routine. I don't even wear this thing in the shower. 

No idea what to do at this point.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @MarthieT.

Thanks for letting me know about your Versa 3, and the steps tried on your own. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I understand you've tried some steps but may I know if you're tracking SpO2 data or snore levels? I'm asking this as you may have to charge your watch more often when collecting this information.

If that applies to you, please make sure to follow the battery life tips described in this help article and turn off the Snore Detect. Then monitor its behavior in the next few days and let me know how it goes.

Best Answer

That worked 😃 thank you so much

Best Answer

@MarthieT It's good to see you again.

You're welcome! I'm glad the suggestions shared above worked for you. By the way, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can meet new people, find tips and start your own topics. Happy stepping! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that and my battery still drains within hours. And I have everything turned off. All of the features that are available on the watch.

Best Answer

Hi there, @smsutton41317.

Thanks for joining this thread and confirming to have tried the steps suggested in this thread. I'm sorry the issue persists on your Versa 3. I went ahead to check your details and it seems you already have a case created with our Support team. Because they have access to all your details, I'd recommend replying back to them in order to receive further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The snore tracker is one of the features I use.  I track my sleep religiously using the snore tracker, oxygen saturation, heart rate and hours slept/cycles. Why would I have to start turning off features?  One buys tech for the features.

Best Answer

Wecome to the forums, @caligirl6780.

Thanks for letting me know about your Versa 3. I understand how important this data is for you and let me explain that as with any other electronic devices, certain features have a great impact on the battery life when used frequently. In the case of the Snore Detect feature, because it tracks noise throughout the sleep period which can last for several hours, the battery is heavily impacted.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience and I appreciate your feedback. In case you want to give it a try, let me recommend the tips described in this help article to maximize the battery life.

Best Answer
0 Votes