Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 blank after resetting it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit versa 3 is just over 2 years old. I did a shutdown as the time was not autoupdating without a press of the button. After restarting the screen is blank. I've tried a reset many times. I've tried a clock face change. Very strange that display was ok before shutdown and after restart no display. It's still working but no display. Anything else I can try or is it destined for the bin. It has firmware 36.128.6.17 but I can't see in the app where to check for firmware updates.  

Moderator edit: edited title to clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello and welcome to the community, @Philg123.

Thanks for letting me know about this situation in regards to the screen of your Versa 3 after resetting it.

I can recommend you some steps to get this working, some of them you've followed them already, so please do them once again but in the order the appear here:

- In the Fitbit app, touch your profile picture, touch your Fitbit device and click 'Sync Now'. This will help you synchronize it.
- Restart your Versa 3 by following the steps here.
- After this, change the clock face of your Versa 3. In the Fitbit app, you can access the image of your profile and the image of your Fitbit device, touch the gallery and the screen and click on the clock face, preferably one of Fitbit and install.

Please, let me know how it goes once you've finished them.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Even tho I'd done this several times before I did it again.

Surprisingly this time I did get some display but it was a washed out
white with lines going across it when I swiped left or right and then it
went black again after a little while.

So tried the procedure again and this time no display at all - just black.

And repeated again and still no sign of a display.

--
/Regards/
//
/Philg123/
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is clearly an issue with the firmware update 36.128.6.17..

I have been offered a discount to buy a new one but looking at Trust Pilot and FB page I think it's a bad idea to stay with them. Customer Service ignoring the issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting. I didn't pursue support as they wanted me to signup for a paid subscription to get support and I wasn't prepared to throw good money after bad. I won't be buying another fitbit. If it is a firmware issue surely they could fix it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes