Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 calorie counting is too low

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Versa 3 for Christmas and haven't had any obvious issues with it until today. After taking an hour long walk, I noticed that the calories burned seemed low. It was 2 PM and I had hit 10,000 steps- the calories burned for the whole day was at around 760. Considering I woke up with around 400 calories burned, this does not add up. I contacted support and they did not help. I restarted the device as well. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Did you update your weight this morning (or other profile settings such as height, age etc)?

They directly affect the calorie calculation so it's worth checking them.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Did you update your weight this morning (or other profile settings such as height, age etc)?

They directly affect the calorie calculation so it's worth checking them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @leahmerriam, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Versa 3 and for troubleshooting it as per our Customer Support instructions. 

Please keep in mind what @SteveH has mentioned. I'd check your personal information to see if your weight and height are properly set, it may worth the try. To update your profile, see How do I change the units of measurement in my Fitbit account?

Fitbit devices combine your basal metabolic rate (BMR)—the rate at which you burn calories at rest to maintain vital body functions (including breathing, blood circulation, and heartbeat)—and your activity data to estimate your calories burned. 

Your BMR is based on the physical data you entered in to your Fitbit account (height, weight, sex, and age) and accounts for at least half the calories you burn in a day.

See you around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you, Steve. I realized my weight was set to almost 0! 

Best Answer

During an average summer day I'll walk more than 25,000 steps, carrying my golf clubs for 18 holes and then other activities. My calorie count used to be over 3,000 most days on my Versa 2 and Versa 3. And then, for a reason I haven't been able to determine, the calorie count dropped to about a third of that late in the season. Nothing changed with my exercise and steps. Is there something I can do to get it back to what it used to be - or is the new count more correct? It just seems like that's a pretty wide variance after so many years of a significantly higher calorie burn report.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes