Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 crazy with counting stairs

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 3 is going crazy with counting stairs. I haven’t even walked 600 steps today and it is telling me I’ve climbed 13 flights of stairs. I live in a ranch style home with no steps. I’m so confused. How do I fix this?  

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

@Fraser47 you have to go back and read the original post, then read the best answer, since the original poster decided what the best answer for him is. 

I find it weird that people, who feel that the best answer doesn't pertain to them. continue to request help in an answered thread. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue This is the OP's response to the "best answer":

Hi, 

thanks for the response. Yes I have done the restart, multiple times and it hasn’t made a difference. 

any other suggestions? 

They are then answered with: 

I was able to verify that other users have been experiencing this problem with the number of floors recorded. The team of developers is already aware of this and they're working to find a way to improve the accuracy of data recorded by the watch. 

And here we are, years later, and nothing. So people are following up to ask if this has been resolved (it hasn't). I find it "weird" that Fitbit is ignoring this issue. 

Best Answer

It's pretty clear that they are not. If you are wondering if it is legal to say that a product does something that you fully know it does not do, the answer, of course, is no. You have been scammed. 

Best Answer

They’re a disgrace ….mis-selling , terrible .  

Best Answer

@Fraser47 floor counting is not the subject of this thread, however since the counting of floors I'd based on how quickly the air pressure reduces by the weight of less than a 2X2 inch piece of paper. 

Wind can easily add floors. 

Best Answer

Counting floors is absolutely the subject of this thread. You sound confused. 

OP: "My Versa 3 is going crazy with counting stairs. I haven’t even walked 600 steps today and it is telling me I’ve climbed 13 flights of stairs."

Flights = floors. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The floor counting issue has been a long standing one - the air pressure change issue is merely an excuse for why it changes when it shouldn't.

The problem can be a watch fault or a firmware fault in some versions..

If any one wants to see how it could be working try SimpleFloors which shows pressure changes and attempts to filter out false changes on older firmwares.

If you are on the latest firmware version then the watch is probably faulty. Version can be seen here. What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Yes it has been more than a year since I opened my first case on this issue.

Although I have NEVER gotten a direct response to any case from support team.

Working via the chat channel, I have tried all the fixes suggested, to no avail.

I have had multiple Fitbit devices over the last 9 years and never had a problem with stair counts before

This issue makes me doubt the accuracy / validity of any data from Versa 3. 

I can only believe that Fitbit no longer plans to support the platform and by providing such lame support hopes to push people to Google (their parent company).

Best Answer
0 Votes
I moved to the Versa 4. I got a 50% discount. Stairs are working, SO FAR. I would have moved to another device but I like the FitBit product and its features. Other products just didn’t get great reviews. Apple Watches are great but you have to pay a monthly subscription for step counting and other exercise options.

Good luck. Versa 3 will never get fixed in my opinion. They have moved on. Sigh.
Best Answer