Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 crazy with counting stairs

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 3 is going crazy with counting stairs. I haven’t even walked 600 steps today and it is telling me I’ve climbed 13 flights of stairs. I live in a ranch style home with no steps. I’m so confused. How do I fix this?  

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68
I decided to give up for the same reason.
These devices have factory problems and no one can fix them.
In the end I hid the floors from my fitbit panel, so that I won't get bored
every time.
Best Answer

I have restarted it and despite having climbed the stairs 3 times.. I got counted for 121 flights.. help.

Best Answer

Hi , I’ve carried out all of the usual “ fixes “ and it’s still rubbish ….are you guys going to fix this issue properly ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RatDog1 its sad people thinkg fitbit will fix anything. They gave up on hardware back on the charge 3 and never looked back. They will release a versa 4 with improved metrics for a new price. No point asking them to resolve it. They never will. We are just the suckers who bought their product on a false promise.

Best Answer

I hear you ….I’m done with Fitbit ; I’m looking for a replacement that actually works . 

A shame really as I like the ap ….the hardware is poor by comparison . 

------------

And yes ….I’ve restarted me device 

Best Answer

My issue is I've started using my stairs in my spilt level as a way to exercise.  Usually one total up and down sometimes gets records as 1 and then the next time I have to do 2 to 4 sets of up and down the stairs to get it to register. I've tried tightening my watch and even reset my watch one day.  

Crazy isn't it.  Hey at least I know I done the extra sets of stair climbing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my versa 3 was working fine for a year now all the sudden over night its gone crazy counting stairs. I know for a fact that today I went down and up the stairs one time and that was at 12:20 am, i looked at my watch and it counted 13 floors. Ridiculous…i have heard rumors of versa 4 which i was excited about but now not so much if this will continue to be an issue. Please work harder to fix this issue since its been so long for myself and other consumers of your product. Or hire developers that know what they are doing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Lynnrlou - have a look back at all the other posts in this thread, if you haven't already.

As a matter of interest was your watch on charge over night? Or ddi it get wet recently?

Have you also done a Shutdown from the watch Settings menu to make sure it is not a temporary OS issue, just in case?

Otherwise, as you suggest, it is something that Fitbit needs to resolve for everyone.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
A few months back, I had my first versa3 replaced by Fitbit. It worked until 30 days ago. Same thing. 85 flights on Monday, 34 on Tuesday, 57 on Wednesday. Fitbit knows about this problem. I am not saying they wont fix the problem, they can’t. Not sure why they don’t stop selling it and provide relief for those of us that have one.
Best Answer

Hi @Tupps , what is the basis for Fitbit not being able to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
This problem has been around a couple of years. Doesn’t seem trivial. Many complaints. I prefer to think they refuse to fix it.
Best Answer

Im tired of the problem. Gives me notifications and badges out the wazoo. 
Makes the apps and rewards useless. 

Im thinking this is a warrenty thing. 
Money back?

Best Answer

I have done all the “trouble shooting” steps that i can find through searches and the forum. Nothing changes the floors to heaven. 
If this was a new watch and i read all the atmospheric/barometric pressure excuses i would believe that was in fact the problem. However, i had this watch for over a year and it was working fine. I didn’t move to a different country, I’m still in the same house with the same old pressure that’s either rising or lowering. 
If this cant be fixed it should not be advertised as a selling point for fitbit watches or any other of their products that count floors. Which By the way...my fitbit one is counting the floors correctly so that kind of washes out the barometric pressure thing when opening a door. AND…the only door i open are the front and back doors to let the dog out to potty. I don’t close my bedroom door, when i close the shower door my watch is on the bedside table. 
One would think that this would become a priority so people will stick with the fitbit product. 
if i have to mentally keep track of my stairs what is the use of this highly advertised option except to PISS you off because it doesnt work correctly. 
Seriously disappointed in fitbit right now. 

Best Answer

So how long does it take for this issue to be fixed.  Seems that you guys have been working on it for many years now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is miss selling by FITBIT , they know it doesn’t work ……big business crapping on the little guy again . 

Best Answer

I'm sure a mod will delete this post, because they deleted my others that says the same thing, but this is actually illegal. 

Best Answer

Is there an update to resolve the Versa 3 issue in counting floors?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @hdk1 - as yet there has been no announcement of any fix for the problems with floors, heart rate, vibration, Google Assistant routines or charging.

Best Answer

This is happening to me too. And i can confirm its not the watch, its the app. I have switched out my fitbits, Versa 2, Versa 3, Inspire and Sense 2. ALL of them miscount the steps into the hundreds. I have force quit the app, turned my phone off and on,as well as the watches, factory reset the watches, and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It miscounts the steps Every, single. time. There should be a way to change step counts manually, turn it off, (not just take it out of the dashboard,) because it still messes up my numbers . And adding driving at that time is just a lame way to "fix" the count. Its the app, not the watch. 

Best Answer

I love how this thread is labeled as answered and solved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes