Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 distance is not accurate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I work in an Operation Centre and spend most of the 12 hour shift either standing, pacing, or sitting in front of my 10ft console. My pace distance is 28.3”.  Over a 12 hour shift it counted 11,361 steps. (11361*28.3=321,516.3”) or 5.07 miles. Instead of registering 5.07 miles, it only registered 3.2 miles. 
Is the discrepancy GPS related?  If so, how can I turn off the GPS for just “steps” that are not associated with an exercise?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Randy-2572. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your Versa 3.

Fitbit devices use the formula below to calculate distance. Your stride length is determined by your height and sex. Steps x Stride Length = Distance Traveled

Please note when you track an activity with GPS, your device calculates your distance using GPS data rather than steps. If you begin moving before you get a GPS signal, your device calculates distance using your steps until GPS connects.

To update your stride length, track a run with GPS or measure your stride length manually. For more information, see Can I change my stride length in my Fitbit account?

For more information about GPS, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @Randy-2572. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your Versa 3.

Fitbit devices use the formula below to calculate distance. Your stride length is determined by your height and sex. Steps x Stride Length = Distance Traveled

Please note when you track an activity with GPS, your device calculates your distance using GPS data rather than steps. If you begin moving before you get a GPS signal, your device calculates distance using your steps until GPS connects.

To update your stride length, track a run with GPS or measure your stride length manually. For more information, see Can I change my stride length in my Fitbit account?

For more information about GPS, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

From above, “Fitbit devices use the formula below to calculate distance. Your stride length is determined by your height and sex. Steps x Stride Length = Distance Traveled”

This is not calculating correctly when I am walking inside.

For example; September 15th, Steps (12023) x Stride Length (28.3”) = Distance Traveled. 
answer given was 2.88 miles

answer should have been 5.37 miles 

Regards,

Randy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a fitbit versa 3 and garmin venu sq, garmin 35 forunner  and garmin vivosport , find nout my versa 3 is 75% less on distraance than all my garmin watch i am not a competitor but i love presision in my matheriel pleaseadvise me if i can do something Thanke Simeon

Best Answer
0 Votes