Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 doesn't vibrate when I hit my goals

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa 3 doesn’t tell me when Iv hit my target. My other versa vibrated 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hello there @Kk62, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Versa 3.

Please note that your Versa 3 also alerts you at various times, including if you set an alarm, when you hit your step goal, or if you haven’t met your hourly activity goal.

If your watch isn't alerting you: 

• Make sure you successfully set an alarm. For more information, see How do I manage alarms on my Fitbit device?
  • Make sure Do Not Disturb and Sleep Mode are turned off on your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?
  • If device lock is active on your Fitbit device, make sure you entered your PIN code recently to unlock your device.
  • For health and wellness reminders, make sure your phone is within 30 feet of your Fitbit device.

If you correctly set the alarm or aren’t receiving other alerts, test your device’s vibration motor:

1. Open Timer and choose the stopwatch.
  2. Tap the play icon to start. Your device should vibrate.

Let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. My previous Versa vibrated when I met my daily step goal and vibrated at 1 mile increments during my "Walk" exercises.  My brand new Versa 3 doesn't vibrate for these events.  I do get vibrations for notifications, alarms, and timers.  My Main Goal is Steps (no change) and the step count is 10,000 steps (no change).  My Versa 3 is not in Do Not Disturb or Sleep mode.  I have the latest firmware version (36.128.4.17).  I restarted my Versa 3 and it did not fix the problem.  Is this a hardware problem with the Versa 3?

Well, maybe all I had to do was post my issue.  Today my Versa 3 vibrated / celebrated when I reached my step goal.  I didn't make any changes from the past several days when it did not vibrate when I hit my step goal.  No idea what changed today, and I hope it continues to work in the future.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @JonM99, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue you had with your Versa 3 and for trying to troubleshoot before posting. 

I'm glad to hear that your Versa 3 is now vibrating when you reach your goals. If you need further assistance, please feel free to visit https://myhelp.fitbit.com

Have a nice day! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good evening Marre 

my versa 3 now vibrates when I hit my goals. I didn’t have the volume up. So couldn’t feel it vibrate. It vibrated very lightly on alarms. & timers 

Thank you again for your help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jon 

my new versa 3 didn’t vibrate when I hit my target. But I turned the volume up & now I can feel the vibration. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kk62 Thanks for sharing the outcome of your issue and for letting me know that your Versa 3 is now vibrating when you reach your goals. 😉

I'll be around if there's anything else I may do for you. Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestion.  How do you turn up the volume on the vibration?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So yesterday and the day before I was able to feel the celebration for reaching my step goal, but today again it didn't work.  The difference that I noticed is that the times it worked I was home (not wearing a jacket) and the times it doesn't work I am outside wearing a jacket.  Is it because it is covered that it isn't vibrating?  I can feel the vibration for emails and texts when I am wearing my coat, but not the vibration for reaching my step goal or the vibration that should occur at each mile on my walk (using Exercise app).

Thanks,

Jon

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is the vibration on the watch is so feeble that its easy to miss it. Especially if you are moving.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I have figured out why my Versa 3 sometimes doesn't vibrate when I reach my main goal (10,000 steps).  It appears that when I am running the Exercise/Walk app on my Versa 3 I don't get the vibration when I reach 10,000 steps.  I changed the vibration strength from Light to Strong and still did not detect the vibration at 10,000 steps while on a walk.  Then I realized that the times I have felt the vibration at 10,000 steps I have not been on a "Walk" outside.  On my walks I use the Fitbit Exercise/Walk app to track my route and stats.  Today on my walk I did not use the app and I did get the vibration / celebration at 10,000 steps.

For my old Versa, when using the Fitbit Exercise/Walk app I would get vibrations at each mile, and at 10,000 steps.  With my new Versa 3, when using the Fitbit Exercise/Walk app I don't get the vibration at each mile or at 10,000 steps.  I like how the app saves my route (doesn't happen with exercise autodetect), but it appears to not handle vibrations correctly.

Best Answer
Hi Jon
Iv got my fit bit covered. Mine is vibrating all day long for one thing or another. Telling me I have to move. I find this versa 3 is a lot harder to reach my goals. Maybe it’s very accurate with the GPS.
But I do like bit. I can set timer when cooking with Alexa I’m loving that bit.
When I hit my target I was in the house. Have yet to reach it when I’m outside walking
I’m new to it as you are.
Regards Karen

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Jon
I can’t remember where I went to turn the volume up. Iv just had a look & if you swipe to the right the volume is there but it says it’s for music. I’m sure when I turned up it didn’t say anything. But I will keep looking & will let you know if I find it again. Iv only had my versa 3 since Xmas so I’m so new
Regards Karen
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too. Please help.

My fitbit charge 3 used to vibrate when I reached 20 mins walking and when I reached the daily walking steps.

Cheers, Maria 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @tsigm69 - just in case you have do not disturb or sleep enabled, swipe the watch face to the right to get to Quick Settings and check.

If you choose a walking exercise swipe up to get to the settings before you start it.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes