Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 face came off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Was doing some light surface swimming in the lake at the cottage only to find my 15 month old Versa 3 had popped off the glass face, thus destroying the unit.  I get that its past the warranty but this seems like a severe design flaw for a $300 watch that is meant to be water resistant up to 50m and specifically includes swim tracking.

Best Fitbit will do is give a discount on a replacement purchase, but why buy another if it cannot handle the mild expansion/contraction of air/water temp differences?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @AaronTires

I appreciate all the information that you've shared about the inconvenience you experienced with your Versa 3. 

I've been informed that you have indeed contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with. In this case, since this is related to a hardware problem or product damage, I recommend that you continue the communication with them so they can let you know if there are any options available for you. 

Thanks again for sharing all your feedback and comments about this issue. 

See you around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, ok, the post here was meant mainly to see if others have had this
issue or was a "one-off" fault.
Best Answer

No problem, thank you for your reply, @AaronTires😁 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely not a one-off fault. Same issue here, and many others on this forum have expressed frustration with the identical issue. But I am unable to get a response from fitbit about 1) acknowledging the defect. 2) whether they will replace/repair the watch. 

Best Answer

I also had a similar problem, also around the 15 month mark. Conveniently outside warranty. My case is even more curious in that i wasn't even exercising at the time.

Fitbit also offered me a discount on my next purchase but what I would really appreciate is fixing my current device.

Best Answer

Exactly samething happened to me TWICE except i was doing nothing but getting up. No showers or pools to get wet. 

Both versa 2 they gave me a discount on versa 3.  Less than 2 yrs something! Sorry heading back to Garmin watch! It never failed me except the facing got badly scratched & had it over 10 yrs!

Best Answer