Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 heart rate accuracy concern during exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just done a workout and heart rate monitor was down under 90bpm and this was HIIT session. This has started happening in the last week. Very disappointing as not getting the correct calorie burnt reading. Anyone know what I can do? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

How were you able to get them to send you a new one?  I'm on my first one and it seems like they won't do anything.  I have an ongoing email thread with them, but received a response yesterday that said:  "Our team is already working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.".  I'm sitting here with this thing almost 4 months now and it won't do what it's supposed to do, but I'm supposed to sit and wait for a resolution?  I've been using Fitbit for years and have never had this type of long term issue. 

Best Answer

Me too. Extremely disappointing 

Best Answer

I hope they get it together and make this right at some point.

Best Answer

After I exhausted all the troubleshooting steps with the Versa 3 they sent me a new one.  That one also had a problem, so after exhausting all the troubleshooting steps again they sent me another new one.  This was before they acknowledged that they had an actual problem.  Now they just keep saying they're aware of the issue and are working to identify a resolution.  We're supposed to keep on the lookout for a firmware update.  I'm frustrated that they are expecting their customers to continue using a device that doesn't work for the foreseeable future.  I'm switching to Garmin.

Best Answer

Having the same issue as well, literally with crossing that 90 bpm during intense workouts. As soon as I begin cooldown, it begins to increase to over 100. I am still within my return period so it looks like I will be returning... I am frustrated for those of you outside of the warranty/return period!

Fitbit used to make me proud of their customer service way back in the beginning my Alta days (which made me a loyal customer for several years and with several products.) Now, it seems they've grown to care less about products/users.

All this to say - I want to be a Fitbit user; I love the app and its features, and I like the usability of products. But an inaccurate heart monitor during exercise defeats one of the main purposes  I would love to keep this Versa 3, but if I have only a limited number of days to return this, I would be a fool not to.

Fitbit moderator, can you give us a timeline for this fix?

Best Answer

I agree the support is NOTHING like it was 5 years ago. Extremely disappointed.

Best Answer

How frustrating!  I'm sorry you're going through it.  I actually just ordered a Garmin, too.  We'll see how it goes. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the same thing. Went to all the troubleshooting for my versa 2 with support, and they just gave me a discount for a new watch, just for me to get the versa 3 and it do the same thing.

There are no improvements. That is the problem. Not to be rude, but if there were improvements, it would show. What ever Fitbit changed in the algorithm makes the device less capable to do what it’s supposed to do for its intended purpose, track exercise statistics. If it only works accurately when one’s hands are still, how does that help when ppl’s are buying these devices with the intent to be active? I just updated the firmware on my versa 3 and the hr monitor is still 50-100bpm less than what it should be, even with me wearing the watch 2-finger lengths aways from my wrist with the original band. Please tell the higher-ups to considering going back to the old algorithm.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
I switched to Garmin after Fitbit refused to provide a solution. I’m so much happier with my Garmin! It tracks my heart rate perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yea I was contemplating b/t garmin or apple watch. I think I’ll go with the apple watch b/c I heard their tracking is as good as garmin. Thanks!

Best Answer

Just switched from versa to versa 3. Expected to see improvements but instead it significantly under reads heart beat during exercise. No solutions here so will be returning for refund. Not fit for purpose. Disappointing.

Best Answer

I was using charge 4 and days ago moved to versa 3. I have same issues. It has been 5 months since you reported the issue and it is still appearing. I did a 1 to 1 comparison of both charge 4 and versa 3 for same workout and conditions. Versa 3 was hugely underreporting both calories burned and heart rate. 

Kindly, Fitbit folk, look into it.

I spoke to customer service. I had simple request to confirm the update around this topic. They evaded the question through out and finally in the end said they choose not to comment. 

What they told me to do also amounted to what they told you. So, I'm not going to let my return window pass and as we speak returning it and going to a high end competitor product. 

I also agree moderators censoring this topic. I posted a very detailed comparison of workouts and conditions between my versa 3 and charge 4. Even though I posted it, it was not posted 

JuanJoFitbit_0-1631110810858.png

Let's see how long it takes for them to delete this comment too. 

I had charge 4, then I had versa 3 and I told customer service if they will confirm the issue and only tell me they're working on it, I'll stay. They basically choose to tell me to restart my device and that was that. So, I reset my device, put it in box and will get money back from store 

JuanJoFitbit_1-1631110810862.png

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Fitbit hasn't officially announced that it's a known issue. I went to support last week and was given the not wearing it properly pitch. They had to look at my account to find out I was previously told it was a known issue.

Good for you not waiting till your return window passed. I'm regretting that right now.  I think mine is getting worse. 

Best Answer

Very sorry to hear. I was also told similar thing apart from restarting device. The kind of responses I was initially getting made me think that it was a chat bot, since the replies I got weren't exactly for the question I had asked.

I had posted a very detailed comparison of same workout, exact conditions in my body, diet, gym using charge 4 and versa 3. I addressed in it all the concerns support points out, all the ways in which it could be us and not the device. That comparison clearly showed ,using the device own data, the issue. I was polite and professional in the breakdown. Sadly, despite me posting it and it going successfully , Fitbit didn't allow it to be posted. 

Best Answer

I've been asked to be patient while they figured it out and fixed it. It's going on 8 months now and nothing has been fixed. 

Best Answer

same here! Just upgraded my Versa to Versa 3 thinking it would be an improvement but I am probably going to return it. My HR readings during workouts are so inaccurate!

Best Answer

Same problem here - it’s driving me nuts!!!!.......the watch worked fine when I first bought it, so I know I’m wearing it correctly.

My heart rate is minimum 130bpm+ during an intense workout when I record it on other apps, however my versa 3 still continues to read under 90bpm throughout therefore earning me no zone minutes and skewing my calories drastically.

What is the point of a tracking device if it doesn’t actually track accurately?

As a fitness device - It is not fit for purpose and cannot therefore not be restricted by the ‘return window’ under your consumer rights.

I’m hoping the firmware update it released to me this morning will fix the issue but if not then I’ll be pushing hard for a refund and going to a competitor. 

Best Answer

Hey, software update last night! I'm heading to the gym right now to see how this didn't help at all. Trying to be positive, but after almost 9 months of this nonsense, I'm not too hopeful. Such a waste of money. I should've just gone with another Versa 2 after my last one konked out in December, but I thought I was doing myself a favor and upgrading. Unfortunately this has been my worst Fitbit in the many years that I've owned one. I would recommend returning yours while you still can 

Best Answer

I got the update this morning and I'd say mine is even worse so far. A hard 1 mile walk test was 0 active minutes all below zone. Followed by a 4.26 mile bike ride in 23 minutes that gave me 7 zone minutes. 84 calories. While Samsung health app estimates 174 calories burnt.

Best Answer

Similar results for me. I went hard on the rowing machine, then a quick 30 minute weight lifting session and got 1 zone minute in total. Software update did absolutely nothing positive.

Best Answer