Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 heart rate accuracy concern during exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just done a workout and heart rate monitor was down under 90bpm and this was HIIT session. This has started happening in the last week. Very disappointing as not getting the correct calorie burnt reading. Anyone know what I can do? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109
Good to know. Thanks

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I made an interesting observation yesterday.  During an easy spin session the Versa 3 HR suddenly jumped up unusually high and stayed there.  This is the sort of thing I often see during a workout - sudden HR spikes which can often stay elevated for some time.  On this occasion the HR was sitting at around 90 - 100bpm but then spiked up to 145bpm as I was winding down.  I stopped exercising but the HR still remained elevated and actually increased a bit more -  up to 149bpm.  I then ended the workout on the Versa and immediately went to "Today" and looked at the HR value there.  It was reading 85bpm which is more where I'd expect it to be.  

I'm not sure what to make of this but it does seem to suggest that the HR problems are specific to the workout programmes and that the device otherwise measures HR fairly accurately.  🤔

Best Answer

My wife has had the same problem, she has called multiple times and the last time support stated they were elevating the issue and for her to expect an email. 5 days later, no contact, no email, nothing. We will return it as we have obviously been ghosted.

Best Answer
Looks like no one cares anymore, if one remains a customer or doesnt 🙂!
Best Answer

I still care but my Fitbit is only 10 months old, I just got it in January, so I refuse to buy another one. I keep hoping with every firmware update they will freaking fix the problem but I’m sure that won’t happen. 

I'm getting really frustrated though. I just did a 200 rep challenge that involved burpees and we all know burpees are killer…but my heart rate went from 135 to 75 in 10 seconds. So so frustrating. I actually ripped my Fitbit off and tossed it on the couch because I was so annoyed. 

Best Answer

I know exactly how you feel. I have had a Fitbit on wrist for 7-8 years and have one on now but the last few years have been very disappointing.The versa 3 was complete failure for me with the so call new technology for HR monitoring and unfortunately I believe that same technology is on the latest models. I return back to a the older devices (charge 3) for me. I keep hoping thing will change but refuse to buy the device on a wait and see basis. I keep waiting to see how versa 4 compares with a accurate HR. The HR control everything so if it’s inaccurate  the whole Fitbit platform is off. Good luck.

Best Answer

I've been experiencing the same issue for over 2 years now and it just seems to get worse and worse. I've had my watches replaced, reset, reconfigured, you name it. the HR is soooo inaccurate when working out. but the whole point of a fitbit is to track fitness, so wtf?!? I can't tell you how many times I've felt like chucking it into the wall. argh. 

Best Answer

So we are now in October 2022, I have purchased a new Versa 3, my Versa 1 gave out, and this issue still exists. Does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement as I have warranty still on this one and will be returning since there has been no software update(unreal).

I use mine mostly for step tracking/workouts with weights as well as a bit of cardio. I don't care for the smart watches although I live the versa, I would consider a different model of fitbit at this point.

Best Answer

I’ve seen some people saying they had this issue on their older models but I had the Versa1 for almost 4 years and never had an issue with the heart rate. I thought it worked great and was consistent. 

As for alternatives right now, I don’t know that that would be an optio, maybe the Charge? If mine wasn’t so new I’d probably look into the Apple Watch. Fitbit has always been a better price point for me and I never wanted an Apple Watch because I don’t need a phone on my wrist. I like the simplicity of the Fitbit versa and it’s a cheaper option compared to the Apple Watch or even Samsung watch. At this point though, if Fitbit can’t fix this huge issue, I’ll be moving onto the Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

I am also not interested in an apple or samsung watch, I just want something durable and accurate and fairly priced, I've seen some decent reviews with the Charge.

I have my versa 1 working again, it was really accurate with weighted workouts, going to be using it for tracking weightlifting workouts from now on until I decide which new one I am going to try when I bring back the Versa 3. The Versa 3 just straight up does not measure heart rate properly during workouts outside of running in my experience and according to these threads a lot more people are having the exact same issue. And I always select which exercise I am completing on my Fitbit, It still is very inaccruate.

Best Answer