Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 heart rate monitor not working accurately

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 3 watch doesn't seem to detect heartrate accurately anymore when exercising.

I usually walk at 3mph on the treadmill at 15% incline for 30 to 40 minutes (it's intense), but the heartrate monitor on my watch shows my average bpm at between 80 and 90 (less than the average bpm I would have from normal leisurely activities). This just can't possibly be accurate and when testing using the monitors on the machines, my average heartrate is 160 to 170bpm.

How can these monitors be so wildly different? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @RoryOlive. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3.

Please note that you might notice slight variations between your heart-rate reading on your new Fitbit devices compared with your old ones due to improvements in the heart rate sensor and algorithm.

Differences between heart-rate readings on your device and on exercise equipment are likely due to wrist or hand position. Make sure the back of your device is in contact with your wrist and that your band is snug.

To resolve common issues, make sure you've followed our troubleshooting steps in What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @RoryOlive. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3.

Please note that you might notice slight variations between your heart-rate reading on your new Fitbit devices compared with your old ones due to improvements in the heart rate sensor and algorithm.

Differences between heart-rate readings on your device and on exercise equipment are likely due to wrist or hand position. Make sure the back of your device is in contact with your wrist and that your band is snug.

To resolve common issues, make sure you've followed our troubleshooting steps in What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RoryOlive  - have a look in the forums, other people report this issue.

However if you are not moving or exercising it should show a reasonably accurate HR 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes