Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 inaccurate floors count

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am generally a patient person but after three chat sessions with customer service regarding very inaccurate floor counts, 2-6x the number of floors climbed, I am highly frustrated. This is the 5 product I have purchased for either myself or a family member. I understand that accuracy can be affected by a variety of different things and am not expecting perfect count each time, however, I would be thrilled with something relatively close. I jumped through the hoops that Fitbit required and when nothing worked they just gave up. The device is not even 2 months old. No offer to replace, fix, or provide any customer service or warranty. Just we realize there is a problem and you are not happy. Good-bye. After excuses like maybe your watch is too tight, too loose, dirty, you might have put something in the sensor hole...well if you open doors etc. Are you kidding me. I completely understand the weather affecting it, riding escalators or elevators but who opens doors with enough force to generate a pressure change great enough to log 160 floors. Poor service, no solution, no effort will equal my family choosing to take our business elsewhere.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JWood77, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for the details shared on your post and for your feedback. I'm sorry to know you have been through this with your Versa 3. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services. 

I understand the information provided by the Support team isn't the resolution you were hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

I appreciate your patience.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Hi @JWood77, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for the details shared on your post and for your feedback. I'm sorry to know you have been through this with your Versa 3. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services. 

I understand the information provided by the Support team isn't the resolution you were hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

I appreciate your patience.

Best Answer
I have a faulty product under warranty and no one is doing anything. What is the warranty for?

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Best Answer

Funny how Fitbit chooses their own replies as best answers. My concerns were never addressed. Warranty replacement was never offered. No adequate solution provided. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issues. I was told the same sort of thing. My device is just a month old. They told me I was able to return it. I was hoping for a replacement, but it sounds like the device may be defective if many people are having the same issues with the floors. Too bad! I was so excited and I love the Versa 3 if it weren't for the inaccurate floor count. Mine also tells me I have about 150+ floors by the end of the day.

Best Answer

Same problem.  Actually forced them to replace the drvice.  It also counts like 50 flights of stairs in a long walk on a flat beach.  No attempt to fix

Best Answer

I owned a Charge 3 before purchasing my Versa 3.  The Charge 3 registered  floors every time I got it in my large SUV as well as every time I walked in our hilly neighborhood.  My Versa 3 does not register getting my car but it also does not register walking up and down the stairs in my home.  It appears to me that the floor counting is a defect in the line not just one model.  I guess their programers have no idea how to del with this systemic issue.

Best Answer

I have had a similar problem. When I received my Versa 3 in November of 2020 it counted floors just fine then around February of 2021 it just stopped counting floors they replaced my watch but the replacement still did not count floors. After numerous calls to Not so much tech support they said I needed to return my watch. I'm now waiting for the second replacement. Funny thing is my old Charge 3 still counts floors. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue in my Versa 3 for the last two months (not having that earlier) , I reached out to support Three times

First Time - steps to change the floor count to Driving

Second Time - Factory reset of the Device

Third time - This is a Known bug and Team is working on Fix (Not sure why I was not told about this on our last two calls). Apparently this issue is there since Feb 2021.

What I feel like is that I am going to run out of warranty on my Device while the support gives some reason each time I call them. Literally having 100 floors each day while being home all day is annoying . THis had not happened to me earlier with both Charge 2 and as well as Versa 3 .

Best Answer

The problem is still not solved to this day and hard for more than 6 months, a shame!!!

Best Answer
I received a replacement watch about a month ago and its been counting all my floors. So far so good!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Best Answer

For me the sav refuses an exchange, they tell me that my watch is not defective and that it is a bug but that they do not know how to fix it!!! so they sell products with bugs without any scruples and that may never be repaired, a shame on their part!!!

Best Answer
Thank you. It's nice to know you are not alone.
Best Answer

So is this a hardware issue or is this a software issue?  I am having the same issue as well.

Best Answer
Others have responded saying they have the same issue. They go on to state
that contact with Customer Service informs them that there is a bug in the
software that they do not know how to correct. So much for quality
workmanship!
Best Answer

Based on my records I started encounting this irratic floor count on April 17, 2021, and then it got super out of wack starting Jun 11. 

My guess is that sometime beween April and now the firmware updates we got from Fitbit messed up the stair climb sensor and calculation. 

Best Answer
That makes sense. I am glad that I do not care about the stair count. It
just makes me laugh when I take a walk around my hilly neighborhood and
find that I have climbed 14 flights of stairs. Better still, getting in my
GMC SUV is worth a flight or 2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The support to finally admit that there was indeed a bug on the versa 3 and sense, the problem is that they do not know how to repair it and that they continue to sell these watches without warning potential buyers, I find it shameful on their part because the problem of counting floors will probably never be repaired which is very frustrating ...

Best Answer

hello, what's new? we must continue to raise these problems!!

Best Answer

What does your response even mean?  We know our product doesn’t meet the advertised specifications but we don’t plan to do anything to make it right?  We are just going to delay delay delay until warranty runs out?  Fitbit support is a total scam.

Best Answer