Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 inaccurate floors count

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am generally a patient person but after three chat sessions with customer service regarding very inaccurate floor counts, 2-6x the number of floors climbed, I am highly frustrated. This is the 5 product I have purchased for either myself or a family member. I understand that accuracy can be affected by a variety of different things and am not expecting perfect count each time, however, I would be thrilled with something relatively close. I jumped through the hoops that Fitbit required and when nothing worked they just gave up. The device is not even 2 months old. No offer to replace, fix, or provide any customer service or warranty. Just we realize there is a problem and you are not happy. Good-bye. After excuses like maybe your watch is too tight, too loose, dirty, you might have put something in the sensor hole...well if you open doors etc. Are you kidding me. I completely understand the weather affecting it, riding escalators or elevators but who opens doors with enough force to generate a pressure change great enough to log 160 floors. Poor service, no solution, no effort will equal my family choosing to take our business elsewhere.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

I think this problem will never fix, Fitbit is a scam!!!

Best Answer
Next time buy an Apple watch.
Best Answer

@JohnGillet Maybe try telling support that there are people on the forum stating they received a replacement that works perfectly, like @brewskier ?

Not sure I want a replacement yet for the heart rate issue, as it's likely to be a referb. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Their customer service really fell off after they were taken over by Google.

Best Answer

Im not sure when it was ever any good.  My first Ionic crapped out in 6” of water and support did nothing.  At least it counted floors right!

Best Answer

So is there a Fox for this or no?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not a solution!  My Versa 3 has been doing the same thing for the last 2 months and the device is only 5 months old! I have reached out to support multiple times without being given an answer. My reference number is #46120074.  If a fix can't be found please replace my device or credit me and I'll purchase something different. Don't just ignore your community.

Best Answer

Yes, that would be nice! Post here if you hear anything. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue form past 6 months. No solution. 

This is insane. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have. Fitbit Versa 3 and after the recent most firmware update, I see faulty floors climbed. I just wake up from my bed and already versa 3 shows I have climbed 5 flights of stairs. Can someone help me how to solve this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, no possible solution!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Anna, I have been having the same issue for weeks. I have read where trackers we're replaced. Just wondering where Fitbit is in addressing this issue. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Gary North

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have no idea. When I first posted my comments, I received several
responses stating that they were having the same issue. Yours is the first
to mention replacement. I do not care about the counting of flights as
much as the counting of steps and distance so this is not an issue I would
pursue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree @JWood77 . It's frustrating to me as well. Constantly getting 60 floors a day and I haven't even encountered that many stairs or hills. I remember in other versions of Fitbit trackers I would have a daily goal of 20 floors and it would take effort to get that many if I didn't go on a long run with hills. Many times in the last few months I have just wanted to give up on the watch and get another model, but what really should happen is fitbit give me a swap option. This watch is too expensive to just be putting it in a drawer. 

Best Answer