Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 is counting too many floors

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 3 is showing that I am climbing 400 to 500 floors a day.  It is not accurate at all.  This started about two months ago.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @dsc1001 @Jools300. Welcome on board. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3 smartwatches. Your time and efforts in troubleshooting them are really appreciated. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

Since you both have been in touch with our Support Team regarding this issue, my best recommendation is to get back in touch with them again so they can continue addressing any doubt or concern you may have. I'm afraid there's nothing left here in the forums that can be suggested to solve this issue other than what I've recommended in my posts above or what our team has recommended by chat or email.

Thanks for your understanding, hope you have a nice day. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there, @hhammonds. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your Versa 3. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Your Fitbit devices may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Devices may track floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, or riding elevators or escalators, or from abrupt weather and atmospheric pressure changes. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors. For more information, see: Why does my Fitbit device count extra floors? You can also find more information about tracking activity in this help article: How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

If you want to remove floors from your account, please follow these steps.

Hope that helps. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

So there is no way to correct it,  just delete it off?  I get a few extra floor but mine is saying 400 to 500 a day.  2500 total in a week.

Best Answer

@hhammonds I totally understand where your concern is coming from. However, at this time the only way to correct your data is by negating the extra floors you got that day. 

Nonetheless, I suggest keeping in mind the information provided in this help article How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem and other problems as well. I have owned the Versa 3 less than a year and even bought the extra insurance. If they can’t fix it they should provide a new one. This is the response I got,

Hi David,
Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.
We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Sincerely,

isabel.castro and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Today I have done less than 6 miles and have 123 floors! 

I can go to a choir session where I may clap or click my fingers and get 90 floors in 90 minutes.

I reported it by support chat a couple of weeks ago and was told to look out for an update. Keep checking and it hasn't arrived.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @dsc1001 @Jools300. Welcome on board. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3 smartwatches. Your time and efforts in troubleshooting them are really appreciated. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

Since you both have been in touch with our Support Team regarding this issue, my best recommendation is to get back in touch with them again so they can continue addressing any doubt or concern you may have. I'm afraid there's nothing left here in the forums that can be suggested to solve this issue other than what I've recommended in my posts above or what our team has recommended by chat or email.

Thanks for your understanding, hope you have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are interested in how your watch pressure sensor is behaving or whether you can get a more accurate floor count, try the SimpleFloors app.

It shows how your watch is affected by environmental issues such as, going room to room, upstairs/downstairs, inside to outside, changes in temperature, etc.

If it is not registering pressure changes at all the sensor hole could be blocked or there is a watch fault.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes