Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 is crashing when I see my notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the previous firmware update (about a month ago) my Versa 3 would only receive notifications for a briefly then notifications would stop working. If I restarted the tracker notifications would again work briefly then stop.

After the most recent firmware update notifications seem to generally work, but if I swipe down to access the notification drawer the tracker restarts. Seems like another firmware update is needed!

Anyone else having this problem?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there, @Jberk. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

As a first approach, I'd recommend restarting your Versa 3. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the issue persists, may I know if the watch is crashing only when checking your notifications? Have you tried another setting to see if the same also happens?

Keep me posted. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's restarting itself almost every time I try to check notifications. This
includes when it vibrates to indicate a new notification and I turn my
wrist to see it.

It only crashes when checking notifications, otherwise works fine. What
kind of other setting?

Sent from my Android smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jberk Regarding to your question, I mean if you swipe up, down, right, left, if you check the weather for example, does it crash too?

Have you tried restarting your watch as recommended here?

Hope that helps. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried restarting. No change. Only swiping down to access the notification
drawer causes a crash/restart. Otherwise the tracker works fine.

Sent from my Android smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jberk Thanks for trying to restart your watch as suggested above.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also am recieving this issue after latest firmware update. Done all the restarts and tried hard shut down. It is still doing it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Jameszoom. Welcome on board. I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot it before reaching out. 

Since you've exhausted all troubleshooting steps recommended here, please feel free to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We look forward to getting you back on track. 

Best Answer

+1 to the exact same problems, crashing when checking notifications. 

Best Answer

I think I would try setting up the tracker, use the replace option. 

Best Answer