Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 is not tracking my distance accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 3 isn’t calculating distance properly. I do the same journey twice, one measures 0.47 miles, the other 0.12 miles. Drastically different distances. Why is this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @ichimj. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3.

Fitbit devices use the formula below to calculate distance. Your stride length is determined by your height and sex. Steps x Stride Length = Distance Traveled

Please note when you track an activity with GPS, your device calculates your distance using GPS data rather than steps. If you begin moving before you get a GPS signal, your device calculates distance using your steps until GPS connects.

To update your stride length, track a run with GPS or measure your stride length manually. For more information, see Can I change my stride length in my Fitbit account?

For more information about GPS, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually mine, despite being synced to Noom,doesn’t sync information over. Yesterdays steps STILL haven’t synced to Noom. 

Best Answer
0 Votes