Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 is not tracking my heart rate accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 3 does not accurately measure my heart rate while exercising.  I have had a number of different Fitbits and this is the first one that I am experiencing this with.  For example, my Versa 3 will say my heart rate is 85 while doing fairly strenuous exercise.  When I check it manually, my heart rate is 120.  I have tried making the band tighter and looser but nothing seems to work.  I have turned the Fitbit on and off as well.  Sometimes this fixes it for a short time. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Dll19  -  if you look in the forums it seems to be a common problem, as yet not visibly addressed by any updates. At least at rest you should get a consistent and accurate reading.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Dll19. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the inconvenience with your Versa 3 before reaching out. 

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you. If you still need help, please feel free to contact our team back so they can continue helping you.

Nevertheless, please note that you might notice slight variations between your heart-rate reading on your new Fitbit devices compared with your old ones due to improvements in the heart rate sensor and algorithm.

Differences between heart-rate readings on your device and on exercise equipment are likely due to wrist or hand position. Make sure the back of your device is in contact with your wrist and that your band is snug.

To resolve common issues, make sure you've followed our troubleshooting steps in What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. This is a problem. I have been telling the smart folks at Fitbit for over a year. The heart rate monitor is a huge problem.  It is inaccurate and is very random. The readings jump around. I am tired of complaining. 

Best Answer