Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 is tracking steps even when I'm not moving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a fitbit versa 3 and over theast week I have noticed it adding around 4000 steps while I am sitting at my desk, in meetings so not typing or doing any movement that may be interpreted as walking. It seems to happen at a similar time of day- usually after my lunchtime walk. I purposefully checked my step count after my walk- it was around 5000. During a teams meeting I had an alert that I had achieved my 9000 step goal and I hadn't moved! I haven't got my device attached to any other tracking apps and the steps are shown on my dashboard when I log in the app. Any suggestions? It's frustrating  especially when you are trying to reach a step count each day but it's counting steps that haven't been taken!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @Charkley. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. It's sad to hear that your Versa 3 is tracking too many steps when you're still. I understand where your concern is coming from and how frustrating this can be. I'll do my best to help you with this. 

I was wondering if by any chance you also have MobileTrack linked to your Fitbit account? If you do, please note that MobileTrack could be tracking those extra steps. To verify this, please in the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > then tap Devices. In this section you'll see your Versa 3 and below your phone (in case MobileTrack is indeed connected). 

If the above describes your situation, you can remove MobileTrack by tapping on the phone's icon and then select "Remove From Account". 

Nevertheless, to make sure that your Versa 3 is accurately tracking your steps, confirm the following are correct in the Fitbit app:

Since we use height to estimate your walking and running stride lengths, you may want to measure and manually adjust these values if your legs are longer or shorter than average. For more information, see How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes