Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 is tracking too many floors

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Floors are not tracking correctly.   Will there be a fix for this??  I have 120 floors - this is nowhere near accurate.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Jvest. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3.

Please note that your Fitbit device may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Devices may track floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, or riding elevators or escalators, or from abrupt weather and atmospheric pressure changes. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors. For more information, see Why does my Fitbit device count extra floors? You can also find more information about tracking activity in this help article How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

Said that, here are some of the possible causes for this inaccuracy:

• The Versa 3 may track floors while driving, on an elevator or in an escalator.
  • Due to the Versa 3 is a wristband device, it may track floors while opening doors, from a weather change, or from a gust of wind (i.e. pressure changes)

If the tips and recommendations provided by @Guy_ don't work, follow his advice and chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Jvest  - if your watch is on the latest firmware and you have restarted it, it may be faulty.

How do I restart my Fitbit device?

What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update?

You can always chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Jvest. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3.

Please note that your Fitbit device may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Devices may track floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, or riding elevators or escalators, or from abrupt weather and atmospheric pressure changes. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors. For more information, see Why does my Fitbit device count extra floors? You can also find more information about tracking activity in this help article How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

Said that, here are some of the possible causes for this inaccuracy:

• The Versa 3 may track floors while driving, on an elevator or in an escalator.
  • Due to the Versa 3 is a wristband device, it may track floors while opening doors, from a weather change, or from a gust of wind (i.e. pressure changes)

If the tips and recommendations provided by @Guy_ don't work, follow his advice and chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes