Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 isn't tracking my floors accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does it not pick up how many times I go up and down the stairs correctly so annoying.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

You’re clearly not reading the posts here Fitbit moderator!

Our fitbits are massively over counting floors - I had 10 floors awarded yesterday morning when all I had done was walk downstairs once. And I’m clearly not alone...

I’m getting between 150 - 200 floors a day when I know I’m doing nearer 15-20

Fitbit has offered absolutely no solution to this issue

Best Answer

Has this issue been fixed yet? I was thinking about getting a Versa 3, but am wary if floors climbed still over (or under) counting!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I first posted in this thread when Fitbit wasn't counting my floors -- I would have done two or three sets of stairs before breakfast and it counted zero. Now it's the opposite. I've turned on my phone in the morning after going to bed before midnight. When Fitbit syncs, it sometimes says I've already done 1-3 flights when all I've done is walk a few steps. My floors are wildly overcounted now. If you want it for accuracy in that department, I wouldn't recommend.

Best Answer

Still way over counting floors. I bought my Versa 3 in January 2021 and it was perfectly accurate in everything until 1st update this year. I give up. I'm calling customer service and asking for a replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been getting readings of 42-122 the last 7 days and I've been doing mostly office work.  It throws all your stats off and I have read many things in the "Community" about other people having the same problem.  We have all been told to restart the watch.  Or do a factory reset.  Neither of these things have helped me or seemingly anyone else.    I also don't think my heart rate is the same as when I had my Versa 2.  This Versa 3 has it higher.  I stopped using the Versa 2 because the heart beat feature stopped working.  I should switch back to it and see if there is an issue with the stairs now like I have with Versa 3.  It was never a problem before with the Versa 2.  HELP!  Has anyone figured it out yet?

Best Answer

Nope and I wouldn't count on a fix any time soon, if ever!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not fixed as of May 2022

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Versa 3 was never fixed. Luckily it was still under warranty and I
traded for a new one. Unfortunately the new one does the same thing. At
first it was accurate but now it has the same problem the first one had. I
am not going to bother trying to get it fixed. I will probably buy a
different brand next time when this one dies..
Best Answer
0 Votes

I doubt it’ll ever get fixed and the problem will probably persist within other generations, i for one am going to move away from Fitbit and go to some other type of activity tracker 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no fix for my Fitbit 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get a replacement? I tried several times and they just weren’t interested - I got a flat no when I tried to request a new one

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just up graded to a Versa 3. It is only registering about 1/3 of my steps. I've done the same hike many times - previous fitbits 116 floors, new versa approx 40 floors for the same hike each of the 3 times I've done it since getting the Versa. . I'm not doing anything different and my husband's versa 3 is giving him an accurate measure when we do the same walk. The step measure seems fine, it's just the floors that are under recording. Very frustrating. Is there a setting I can check?

Best Answer
0 Votes