Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 keeps rebooting and show the Fitbit logo - due to side button not coming out.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Versa 3: NOTE: I think the button on the side (used to reboot) may be caught and has not come out.  How can I fix this problem?

In case this is not the problem, I have done the following:

1. Cleaned the back connection and the Fitbit is charged

2. Auto -restarting showing the logo every few minutes, then a black screen

3. Using my iPhone 11 Pro Max not able to find Versa for a New Setup for the device

4. For both devices' software is updated

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Response from Fitbit Support Team:  (a little confusing....... but it worked)

Thanks for your time contacting our Chat Support and doing the restart process to resolve the corrupted display of your Versa 3. 

At this point, hence the restart process did not resolve the issue so we can perform the factory reset. However, this process deletes the data that haven't yet synced and also the in-apps installed on it.

To walk you through that, please see the steps below. 

1. Don’t plug the Fitbit device into the charging cable.
2. Press and hold the button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off.
3. After the screen turns off, they’ll feel a short vibration.
4. When they feel the vibration, release the button and immediately press and hold the button again.
5. Wait until the blue logo appears, then disappears.
6. Immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold it again, until they feel a vibration.
7. After they feel the vibration, release the button.
8. This vibration indicates they started the factory reset.
9. After the Fitbit logo appears, the Fitbit device shows the image with the phone icon and setup indicator.

After that, we recommend that you check the Fitbit app version installed on your phone as we rolled out a new version recently. 

Moving forward, please update the Versa 3 by setting it up again. See the setup process through this link: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Hope this will be able to resolve the issue of your Versa 3. Should you need further assistance, you may visit help.fitbit.com

Sincerely,

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

I'm on hold with support because this happened to me this morning.  After reading all the forums though I'm not optimistic it can be fixed. 

Best Answer

Ditto here.  Sane issue...wondering if they had a software glitch or something 

Best Answer

Mine just started doing the same thing. A couple days ago it wouldn’t let me choose swimming as my exercise, but no big deal it automatically recognizes my activity after 10 minutes   Today it recognized my swim as an elliptical. I’ll check it in the morning and see if it’s back up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: The guy walked me through doing a factory reset (like I tried to do after reading that other people tried it) but because the logo, followed by a short vibration, followed by a black screen, followed by the logo, followed by a short vibration , followed by a black screen, repeat to infinity... Didn't go to any other screen he says he did everything he could and it would go up the chain to a tech and I'd get an email telling me what further actions I could take.

The call took less than 5 minutes and when I hung up I saw an email notification flash across the screen. I figured it was to ask how the call went but actually it was my "further action" email informing me that because my watch was out of warranty they would like to still give me 35% off a new device. 🤣

Very clever. The guy on the phone knew exactly what was coming but didn't want to piss me off or argue or get yelled at (which I wouldn't have done but people do that).

Tell the customer the bad(ish) news in a no reply email. No one to argue with there. Brilliant. Ha ha ha 

They don't sell the versa 3 which I like better than the versa 4 and the Sense is way too pricey. The 99 dollar Inspire does most everything the Versa does. 35% of 99 is doable, if I go with Fitbit again. 

I'm hanging into this though in case one of you brilliant community members figure out how to fix this thing. 

Best Answer

it happens to me today.

Did they just do it on purpose?

Best Answer

Update:

Contacted customer service by chat, and then shortly, they transferred me to the 'special team' that will contact me by email only.

I purchased this almost a year ago. If they want to argue that mine is out of warranty, my receipt shows that I still have a few days left (if I assume that it has a 1-year warranty)

After more than 15mins waiting, no email 😞 

Best Answer

Sadly I'm in the same place.  I reached out to support, troubleshooted, and was told to wait for an email from the warranty team regarding my replacement.  There has been no damage to my Versa 3 and I have about 5 more months left on my initial warranty (purchased in Dec 2022) and got "Unfortunately, your product doesn’t meet the replacement requirements of our warranty policy."  I'm trying to get a response as to why I'm being turned down for warranty repair/replacement, but no one will reply to me suddenly.  My confidence in fitbit is dwindling, and I'm regretting replacing my Garmin with a fitbit.

Best Answer

I have a Versa 3 that has been nothing but problems.  Had the same issue you have 2 weeks ago.  Talked to CS and they ran me through a hard reboot and reconnected it.  It worked for 5 days and then all I get is the Fitbit logo again.  Now it won't even hard reboot.  The Versa 3 is terrible.  My Versa 2 still works perfectly.  The Versa 3 is junk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your comments.  I checked the Fitbit website and it indicates a 2 yr warranty

Best Answer

Response from Fitbit Support Team:  (a little confusing....... but it worked)

Thanks for your time contacting our Chat Support and doing the restart process to resolve the corrupted display of your Versa 3. 

At this point, hence the restart process did not resolve the issue so we can perform the factory reset. However, this process deletes the data that haven't yet synced and also the in-apps installed on it.

To walk you through that, please see the steps below. 

1. Don’t plug the Fitbit device into the charging cable.
2. Press and hold the button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off.
3. After the screen turns off, they’ll feel a short vibration.
4. When they feel the vibration, release the button and immediately press and hold the button again.
5. Wait until the blue logo appears, then disappears.
6. Immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold it again, until they feel a vibration.
7. After they feel the vibration, release the button.
8. This vibration indicates they started the factory reset.
9. After the Fitbit logo appears, the Fitbit device shows the image with the phone icon and setup indicator.

After that, we recommend that you check the Fitbit app version installed on your phone as we rolled out a new version recently. 

Moving forward, please update the Versa 3 by setting it up again. See the setup process through this link: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Hope this will be able to resolve the issue of your Versa 3. Should you need further assistance, you may visit help.fitbit.com

Sincerely,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: So i uninstalled my device and I tried the factory reset that was mentioned in one of these threads. Didn’t work but, my screen changed to a red x with a message stating reset failed, try again. I called customer support and I got through pretty quickly. She told me to charge it with my computer. I then added my device back to my phone and it’s working now. 

Best Answer

I got big red X on the screen. My iPhone was unable to connect with the watch anymore, no matter how hard I tried. It couldn't be detected from iPhone.

When I used my Samsung phone, it detected the watch. Then I can just set up the watch easily from Android. The red X was gone. My conclusion is that FB will not work properly with iPhone.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you use fitbit pay and the 24 hour lock? I was having issues, turned off my 24 hour lock to just lock the pay app and now I only can't use the pay app. The rest is fine. I made a post about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was having issues regardless until I turned off the unlock every 24 hour feature and only unlock if I try to use fitbit pay. I have a Samsung phone. I still can't use fitbit pay. If I try it freezes and reboots the device but the rest is fine. I made a post about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same results as me. I contacted them Friday. They walked me through the steps already mentioned then told me that it could not be fixed and I would get an email. Got an email saying it would not be warrantied and then got another email with a 35% discount. Not acceptable. I have emailed them back and am awaiting a response. 

Based on the number of reports for the same issue this week it is clear that it is not a device failure, rather some sort of software issue or patch that has bricked my watch. That should be covered!!!!

Best Answer

I found when I got the RED "X", this shows the factory reset took place.  What I did was:

1. Attached watch to the charger
  2. On the iPhone start "Set up a Device" and follow the instructions
  3. Check your Bluetooth connection and make sure Verse 3 and Versa 3 Controls are connected after pairing

Good luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad your Versa 2 works perfectly but be prepared!!!!!!  I have a Versa 2 that "worked perfectly" until yesterday and now I have the logo on and off routine on it, so I don't think it's "version specific".  Not just Versa 3 that has the problem......Versa 2 ALSO has the same problem! 

Best Answer