Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 losing charge to fast!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My one year old Vetsa 3 all of a sudden will not hold a charge. Took less then 12 hours to go from 100% full to 0% and only walking.. Any suggestions? Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @JimmyMac22 , have you tried giving your Versa 3 a restart?  Sometimes a restart can shut down any background activities to that my be causing unusual battery drain.

Having said that, how you manage your charging routine can make a huge difference in how long your rechargeable batteries last.  Charging little and often is much, much better than regularly allowing deep discharges.  Your Fitbit will last much longer if you try to keep it between 30-80% and try not to regularly let it go below 20%.  Regular deep discharges can significantly shorten the battery life, especially with a device like the Versa 3 which is called upon for many features - notifications, calls, exercise and sleep tracking, etc.

Many people find that putting their FitBit on to charge for 15 minutes each day while they are showering, relaxing in front of the television -whatever time when you regularly are not likely to be otherwise active - keeps their FitBit going for as long as possible. (BTW this applies to all modern rechargeable devices using lithium ion batteries.  The old Nicad battery device to allow it to discharge completely does not apply and can be damaging to the battery.) 

I would also always recommend cleaning your charging contacts to make sure your FitBit actually charges properly.  Instructions here .

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JimmyMac22  -  there are quite few features that use up the battery, check in this list and remove any you don't use, and temporarily all - How to resolve the Major issues causing short battery life. 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes